Work at UH Advertisement
- Fall and Spring Semester; Summer Sessions. Part-time Lecturer applicant pool. Non-tenure, pending availability of funds and actual staffing requirements. Evening, weekend and or distance offerings for UH Maui College and or Outreach sites (Lahaina, Hana, Lana`i, Moloka`i) may be assigned as part of regular workload.
- Teach assigned courses in the discipline qualified for.
- Maintain minimum of one office hour per week for each course taught.
- Prepare course syllabi, grading and reports related to teaching and student progress
- Work under supervision of discipline coordinator/division chairperson in integrating teaching efforts with other instructors in the discipline area.
- May include instructional assignments involving distance education
- As listed below. All minimum qualifications must be from an accredited institution and met by the effective date of appointment. If qualified applicants are not available, those not meeting the minimum qualifications may be considered on an exception basis.
- Master's Degree Television or Film Production or Educational Communications or related field
- OR Bachelors in Television or Film Production or Educational Communications or related field and three (3) years related work experience
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds.
- College level teaching experience, with preference given to candidates with at least one year of full time experience
- Experience in television programming, multi-cam studio production, and supervision of student workers
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to use writing assignments and integrate teaching of appropriate thinking skills in to course content as an integral part of student's classroom learning activities
- UH Maui College
- 310 Kaahumanu Avenue
- Kahului, HI 96732
- Kahele Dukelow; 808-984-3346; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.