Work at UH Advertisement
- Appointment to begin approximately August 2019, pending position clearance and availability of funding.
- Teach lower- and upper-level undergraduate courses in business or economics, with an emphasis on Data Science topics; assist in the development of a new cross-disciplinary Data Science major and associated courses; collaborate with Hawaii ‘Ike Wai EPSCoR scientists and develop an independent research focus with a data science application; advise and mentor students; and participate in departmental, community and University-wide service.
- Doctoral-level degree at the time of appointment from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Economics, Information Systems, Decision Sciences, or related field; evidence of Data Science-related research (e.g., data mining, business analytics/intelligence, data-driven marketing, etc.) ; and evidence of teaching at the university level.
- Evidence of high quality teaching; evidence of teaching in a multicultural setting; evidence of engaging and mentoring undergraduate students in Data Science research activities; journal publications or research with the potential for journal publication, especially in topics relevant to the State of Hawaii; experience teaching and/or developing Data Science curricula; evidence of a willingness to engage in college, university, or community service; knowledge of, or willingness to support AACSB accreditation efforts.
- Dr. Roberto Pelayo, Search Committee Chair; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.