Work at UH Advertisement
- MUSIC: University of Hawaii at Manoa, Music Department. Assistant Professor of Music (Choral) position number 82948, University of Hawaii at Manoa, College of Arts and Humanities, Department of Music, full-time, 9-month, tenure track position, to begin August 1 2019, pending availability of funds.
- Conduct choral ensembles as assigned.
- Actively recruit undergraduate and graduate students.
- Teach choral methods.
- Conduct research appropriate to a Research I institution or undertake comparable scholarly/creative activity.
- Serve on department committees.
- Advise students.
- Other duties as assigned by the department chair.
- DMA in choral conducting (ABD will be considered).
- Demonstrated success in teaching, conducting, and leadership of choirs at the professional, collegiate, and/or high school level.
- Evidence of accomplished teaching at the collegiate level.
- Some training/background in music education.
- Demonstrated success in recruitment and community outreach.
- Commitment to music from diverse cultures and regions (Western and non-Western).
- Choral Search Committee Chair
- Music Department
- University of Hawaii at Manoa
- 2411 Dole Street
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Dr. Maya Hoover, Choral Search Committee Chair; 808-956-6284; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.