Work at UH Advertisement
- For lecturer applicant pool. Part-time, pending availability of funds, and actual staffing requirements.
- Teach assigned courses in the Discipline.
- Maintain minimum of one office hour per week for each course taught.
- Prepare course syllabus and reports related to teaching and student progress.
- Work under supervision of department chairperson in integrating teaching efforts with other instructors in the discipline area.
- Duties and responsibilities may include work with multi-media presentations and distance education instruction.
- As listed below. All minimum qualifications must be from institutions accredited by recognized US accrediting agencies and met by the effective date of appointment. BUSINESS LAW: (a) Master’s in Business Administration or Master’s in Accountancy with coursework in Business Law; or (b) Law Degree.
- Teaching experience at community college level.
- Demonstrated ability to work with adult learners.
- Familiarity with competency-based instruction and behavioral objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Experience in curriculum development.
- Stacie Sato; 808-235-7426
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.