Work at UH Advertisement
- Renewable-type appointment depending on performance and/or funding, to begin approximately January 2019, pending position clearance and availability of funding.
- Teach lower-division communication courses (COM 251 Public Speaking and COM 100 Human Communication in Diverse Society, and other general education courses in the department's existing areas). Participate in on-going course and curriculum development activities in the department as a whole. Advise students and maintain office hours. Carry out department and university service activities and other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Communication from an accredited college or university with a specialization in speech or human communication; able to teach courses in public speaking, introduction to communication, and other courses in the department's existing areas. Experience in teaching public speaking.
- Interest in Asian and/or the Pacific cultures; teaching experience in multicultural settings.
- Dr. Jing Yin; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.