Work at UH Advertisement
- Fall and Spring Semester; Summer Sessions. Part-time Lecturer applicant pool. Non-tenure, pending availability of funds and actual staffing requirements. Evening, weekend and or distance offerings for UH Maui College and or Outreach sites (Lahaina, Hana, Lana`i, Moloka`i) may be assigned as part of regular workload.
- Teach assigned courses in the discipline qualified for.
- Maintain minimum of one office hour per week for each course taught.
- Prepare course syllabi, grading and reports related to teaching and student progress
- Work under supervision of discipline coordinator/division chairperson in integrating teaching efforts with other instructors in the discipline area.
- May include instructional assignments involving distance education.
- As listed below. All minimum qualifications must be from an accredited institution and met by the effective date of appointment. If qualified applicants are not available, those not meeting the minimum qualifications may be considered on an exception basis.
- 2018-00713 AGRICULTURE – Master’s Degree in Agriculture OR Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture and three (3) years) related work experience; 2018-00843 ASTRONOMY - master's Degree in Astronomy, Astrophysics or Physics
- 2018-00714 BIOCHEMISTRY – Master’s Degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry or Molecular Biology; 2018-00844 BIOLOGY - Master's Degree in Biological Science
- 2018-00715 CHEMISTRY – Master’s in Chemistry; 2018-00839 INFORMATION and COMPUTER SCIENCE (ICS) - Master's degree in ICS OR Bachelor's degree in ICS AND three (3) years related work experience; 2018-00845 ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING - Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering; 2018-00846 ELECTRONICS - Master's Degree in Electrical or Electron Engineering or related discipline; 2018-00847 GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEM - Master's in one of the following fields: Business OR Computer Science OR Geography OR Natural Science AND one (1) year of formal education training and/or experiential background with ARC View GIS Software; 2018-00848 GEOLOGY & GEOPHYSICS - Master's degree in Geology or Geophysics
- 2018-00716 MATHEMATICS – Master's degree OR Master's in Math Education with 18 credits of advanced coursework in math of which 9 credits are at the graduate level or Masters of Art in Teaching Math with 18 credits of advanced coursework in math, at least nine (9) of which are at the graduate level or Master's in STEM-related field with 18 credits of advanced coursework in math - Mathematics (Developmental) – Master’s degree in mathematics or Master’s in Education and Bachelor’s degree in Math or M.Ed. in Mathematics ** Advanced" coursework" is defined as 300-400 level courses offered in a bachelor's program. "Graduate level" coursework is defined as post baccalaureate courses at the level specified by the institution where the credits were earned. **STEM related fields; applied math, engineering, physical science and biological science
- 2018-00850 MICROBIOLOGY - Master's Degree in Microbiology, Molecular Biology or Biological Science with an emphasis in Microbiology; 2018-00840 OCEANOGRAPHY - Master's Degree in Oceanography; 2018-00717 PHYSICS - Master's Degree in Physics; 2018-00842 PHYSIOLOGY - Master's Degree in Biological Science, Biological Chemistry or Biochemistry
- 2018-00851 SUSTAINABLE SCIENCE MANAGEMENT - Master's Degree or higher in Sustainable Science Studies, Interdisciplinary Education and/or Sustainable Systems Thinking programs or related field; 2018-00718 ZOOLOGY – Master’s in Zoology
- Successful community college and or university teaching experience in the field
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse student populations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to use writing assignments and integrate teaching of appropriate thinking skills in to course content as an integral part of student's classroom learning activities
- UH Maui College - Human Resources
- 310 Kaahumanu Avenue
- Kahului, HI 96732
- Sean calder; 808-984-3220; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.