Work at UH Advertisement
- Fall and Spring Semester; Summer Sessions. Part-time Lecturer applicant pool. Non-tenure, pending availability of funds and actual staffing requirements. Evening, weekend and or distance offerings for UH Maui College and or Outreach sites (Lahaina, Hana, Lana`i, Moloka`i) may be assigned as part of regular workload.
- Teach assigned courses in the discipline qualified for.
- Maintain minimum of one office hour per week for each course taught.
- Prepare course syllabi, grading and reports related to teaching and student progress
- Work under supervision of discipline coordinator/division chairperson in integrating teaching efforts with other instructors in the discipline area.
- May include instructional assignments involving distance education.
- 2018-00694 ANTHROPOLOGY - Master’s degree in Anthropology
- 2018-00695 Early Childhood Education - Master's degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or related field; Child Development, Human Development, Family Resources, Human Ecology, Elementary Education with a specialty in ECE, Early Childhood and Special Education (blended) Elementary and Early Childhood (Dual Preparation) and Curriculum Studies in Early Childhood Education OR Master's degree in any field and 15 credits in Early Childhood Education (ECE) related courses and one (1) year related work experience OR Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or related field; Child Development, Human Development, Family Resources, Human Ecology, Elementary Education with a specialty in ECE, Early Childhood and Special Education (blended) Elementary and Early Childhood (Dual Preparation), Social Science with Concentration in Early Childhood Education, and Curriculum Studies in Early Childhood Education and three (3) years related work experience OR Bachelor's degree in any field and 15 credits in Early Childhood Education (ECE) related courses and five (5) years related work experience **Related fields include: Human development, Family Resources, Human Ecology and Social Work with a specialty in ECE.
- 2018-00696 ECONOMICS – Master’s in Economics
- 2018-00700 GEOGRAPHY – Master’s in Geography
- 2018-00701 HUMAN SERVICES - Master's Degree in Human Services OR Bachelor’s in Human Services and three (3) years related work experience
- 2018-00702 POLITICAL SCIENCE – Master’s in Political Science
- 2018-00703 PSYCHOLOGY – Master’s in Psychology
- 2018–00704 SOCIOLOGY – Master’s in Sociology
- Successful community college and or university teaching experience in the field
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse student populations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to use writing assignments and integrate teaching of appropriate thinking skills in to course content as an integral part of student's classroom learning activities
- UH Maui College - Human Resources
- 310 Kaahumanu Avenue
- Kahului, HI 96732
- Julie Powers; 808-984-3291; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.