Work at UH Advertisement
- Assist with all managerial aspects of the program including clerical work such as inputting of data and filing paperwork, set-up and clean up facilities and equipment for practices and home games, video taping of practices and games, input and upkeep of HUDL team software, recording of statistics during practices and distribution of team gear. Demonstrate effective organizational skills and time management. Additionally, the incumbent must demonstrate a positive and professional working attitude and maintain a collaborative working relationship with the coaching staff, team members, support staff, administrators in the UH Athletics Department and other individuals associated with the Rainbow Wahine Beach Volleyball Program.
- Responsible for set up and clean up of facilities and equipment for practices and games for the Rainbow Wahine BeachVolleyball Team and visiting teams.
- The individual may participate in limited on-court activities during practice (e.g., assist with drills, serve balls at practice) or competition (e.g., assist with warm-up activities).
- Video taping of practices and games.
- Recording of statistics during practices.
- Clerical office work, record keeping, inputting of data, and filing paperwork. Maintain confidentiality with office work and all other aspects of the program.
- Assist with administrative duties such as mail outs and team meeting preparation.
- Be available prior, during and after all home competitions for game preparation and administration.
- Maintains confidentiality to include but not limited to information, files and records that the incumbent may obtain or possess, in accordance with federal and state laws and University of Hawaii policies.
- Know, recognize, and comply with laws, policies, rules, and regulations governing the University of Hawai‘i and its employees, and the rules of the NCAA and affiliated conferences as now constituted or as may be amended in the future. Immediately advises the Director of Athletics or designee if you have reasonable cause to believe violations, whether by employees, students, or others, have occurred or will occur.
- Other duties as directed.
- CRITERIA FOR TEAM MANAGER: Per NCAA Bylaw 11.01.7 Manager: A manager is an individual who performs traditional managerial duties (e.g., equipment, laundry, hydration) and meet the following additional criteria:
- The individual shall be a full-time undergraduate (12 credits at the University of Hawaii at Manoa (UHM)) or graduate student (8 credits at UHM) (see Bylaws 14.2.2 and22.214.171.124.4), except that during his or her final semester or quarter of a degree program, he or she may be enrolled in less than a full-time program of studies, provided he or she is carrying (for credit) the courses necessary to complete the degree requirements; The individual may participate in limited on-court or on-field activities during practice (e.g., assist with drills, throw batting practice) or competition (e.g., assist with warm-up activities) involving student-athletes on a regular basis; The individual shall not provide instruction to student-athletes; The individual shall not participate in countable athletically related activities (e.g., practice player) except as permitted in Bylaw 11.01.7-(b);
- An undergraduate team manager must maintain a minimum semester and cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 or above and complete a minimum of 12 credits each semester.
- A graduate team manager may be allowed to be a manager for two (2) years only. Graduate Manager must maintain a minimum semester and cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- BENEFITS: Maximum amount a team manager may receive will be equal to an undergraduate resident tuition. Tuition does not include payment for Outreach College extension courses. Team Manager will be responsible for payment to Outreach College. Tuition payment will be prorated if the start date and completion of all required paperwork is after the first day of school.
- APPOINTMENT PERIOD: 2018 Fall Semester and 2019 Spring Semester. Manager positions are renewable upon satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
- Acceptance and enrolled as a student at the University of Hawai‘i at Manoa
- Knowledge of sports, specifically the sport of beach volleyball
- Working knowledge of HUDL team software
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage time wisely
- UHM Athletics Department
- Attn: Human Resources
- 1337 Lower Campus Rd
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Jeff Hall, Head Coach; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.