Work at UH Advertisement
- Assist with all managerial aspects of the program including clerical work such as inputting of data and filing paperwork, assist with equipment and uniforms by preparing the equipment and uniforms for set-up and clean-up for practice, home and away games. Demonstrate effective organizational skills and time management. Incumbent must demonstrate a positive and professional working attitude and maintain collaborative working relationship with the coaching staff, team members, support staff, administrators in the UH Athletics Department and other individuals associated with the Rainbow Warrior Football Program.
- Responsible for equipment and uniform set-up and clean-up for practice, home and away game facilities for the Rainbow Warrior Football Team. Packing of equipment for away games.
- The individual may participate in limited on-field activities during practice (e.g., assist with drills) or competition (e.g., assist with warm-up activities).
- Clock management during practices.
- Responsible for general clerical office work and record keeping. Inputting of data and filing paperwork. Maintain confidentiality with office work and all other aspects of the program.
- Assist with checking of student-athlete equipment to ensure its safety.
- Be available prior, during and after all home competitions for game preparation and other duties related to the event.
- Comply with the Rainbow Warrior Football Team Guidelines.
- Maintains confidentiality to include but not limited to information, files and records that the incumbent may obtain or possess, in accordance with federal and state laws and University of Hawaii policies.
- Know, recognize, and comply with laws, policies, rules, and regulations governing the University of Hawaii and its employees, and the rules of the NCAA and the affiliated Conferences as now constituted or as may be amended in the future. Immediately advises the Director of Athletics or designee if there are reasonable cause to believe violations, whether by employees, students, or others, have occurred or will occur.
- Other duties as assigned.
- CRITERIA FOR TEAM MANAGER: An undergraduate team manager must maintain a minimum semester and cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.0 or above and complete a minimum of 12 credits each semester. A graduate team manager may be allowed to be a manager for two (2) years only. Graduate Manager must maintain a minimum semester and cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above and complete a minimum of 8 credits each semester. Managers must be able to work up to 30 hours per week.
- BENEFITS: Maximum amount a team manager may receive will be equal to an undergraduate resident tuition. Tuition does not include payment for Outreach College extension courses. Team Manager will be responsible for payment to Outreach College. Tuition payment will be prorated if the start date and completion of all required paperwork is after the first day of school.
- APPOINTMENT PERIOD: 2018 Fall and 2019 Spring Semesters. Manager positions are renewable upon satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
- Acceptance and enrolled as a full-time student at the University of Hawai‘i at Manoa.
- Knowledge of football and football equipment
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage time wisely.
- Must be available to work an average of 30 hours per week.
- UHM Athletics Department
- Attn: Human Resources
- 1337 Lower Campus Rd
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Alan Ginoza, Head Equipment Manager; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.