Work at UH Advertisement
- Pending position clearance. To begin August 1, 2018. Renewal contingent upon satisfactory performance, department needs, and availability of funds. Selectee is required to complete Title IX training and pass a criminal background check.
- Teach early childhood special education courses via a variety of distance delivery modes and/or supervise teacher candidates on all islands; serve as cohort coordinator of special education teacher preparation/licensure programs; provide service to the department and college.
- Master’s degree in special education or a closely related field from an accredited four-year college or university;
- Classroom experience as a licensed special educator teaching preschool to grade-3 students with disabilities;
- Broad knowledge of early childhood special education instructional methods, assessment, and behavior management techniques;
- Understanding of developmentally appropriate practice;
- Minimum qualifications must be met by the effective date of appointment.
- In addition to the Instructor rank Minimum Qualifications:
- Doctorate in special education or a closely related field from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Experience working in inclusive early childhood special education settings;
- Knowledge of UHM special education teacher training programs;
- Experience with nontraditional university student populations from racially/ethnically and culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Mary Jo Noonan; 808-956-7956; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.