Work at UH Advertisement
- Position is expected to begin approximately August 2018 or as mutually acceptable, subject to position clearance. Up to .50 FTE will be supported through appropriated funds and the remainder shall be supported through extramural funding. Annually renewable subject to performance and availability of funds.
- Under the general supervision of the Director or designee, play a key role in supporting the mission of PBRC that will include:
- -Serve as Director of the PBRC Computer Network Support Facility (CNSF)
- -Serve as PI of the CNSF Poster Printing Service recharge facility
- -Supervise the personnel of the CNSF to insure that the services needed by the PBRC faculty and staff are met.
- -Assist with the planning, design and preparation of grant proposals that include data collection, analysis, management or archiving with an emphasis on center grants that support research facilities and multiple researchers.
- -Prepare progress reports relating to the data management functions of funded research and center grants.
- -Collaborate with biomedical/biological/behavioral researchers in developing, maintaining and improving custom data systems that result in efficient, cost-effective data analysis and management.
- -Advise and collaborate with research faculty to achieve successful outcomes for projects and grants involving data collection, analysis, management and archiving.
- -Advise researchers on the best approaches to perform computer calculations and digital storage, and educate faculty and staff on the use of software tools to achieve their research objectives.
- -Develop custom web-based tools as needed to solve problems or provide new functionality for researchers and grants management staff.
- -Provide, maintain and operate communications tools that facilitate the ability of researchers to communicate with colleagues and funding agencies.
- -Maintain and staff a support facility that provides a wide range of appropriate computer support for the specialized needs of biomedical/biological/behavioral researchers.
- -PhD from a college or university of recognized standing in Neurosciences or Biological Science.
- -at least four (4) years at the rank of Assistant with demonstrated increasing professional maturity.
- -demonstrated ability to plan and organize assigned activities, including the work of assistants when appropriate
- -ability to work effectively with faculty, staff and administrators as necessary.
- -Demonstrated understanding of working in a research university/institution.
- -Demonstrated ability to understand grant and publication processes of researchers.
- -Demonstrated understanding of UH and RCUH policies and procedures for administering accounts and programs.
- -Demonstrated ability to increase research enterprise by introducing new technologies at the cutting edge of biology (e.g., imaging, computation, etc.) to enhance research opportunities.
- -At least two years of experience designing, creating, implementing and maintaining web-based tools to enhance the usefulness of the RedCap research database for researchers and research support staff.
- -At least two years of experience working with community-based researchers to design, develop and implement websites for outreach and training.
- Dr. Marilyn Dunlap
- UHM PBRC
- 1993 East West Rd.
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Dr. Marilyn Dunlap; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.