Work at UH Advertisement
- General funds, to begin approximately Fall 2018, pending position clearance, availability of funds, program needs, and satisfactory performance. Position may be converted from 9-month to 11-month or 11-month to 9-month, as operational needs are required.
- Under general supervision, teach electrical courses related to the installation and maintenance of residential and commercial wiring, motors and motor controls, basic electronics, and programmable logic controllers.
- Assist program faculty in the identification, development and delivery of new and existing non-credit electrical installation & maintenance technology courses and related services.
- Work cooperatively with the division chair and colleagues to develop an understanding of student needs in the discipline or area of primary responsibility including preparation of course syllabi, completion of appropriate program level and course level assessment, administering course student evaluation and dealing with student concerns; maintain and revise, where appropriate, instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse student needs.
- Integrate the use of classroom technology as appropriate.
- Provide College and community service.
- Participate in faculty and administrative committees and professional development activities.
- Other related work activities include, but are not limited to advising students; participating in faculty and administrative committees; community service and in-service training; maintaining an approved program of professional self-improvement; maintaining office hours; and working with other faculty members in preparing; adapting, and revising program objectives.
- Must maintain at least one office hour each week for each course taught, Monday through Friday.
- Possible evening, weekend, and off-campus assignments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree in Electricity/Electrical Installation and Maintenance Technology with 5 years related work experience at the journey worker level and a current State of Hawaii Journey Worker Electrician License;
- OR 15 college credits in Electricity/Electrical Installation and Maintenance Technology with 7 years of related work experience at the journey worker level including formal training and a current State of Hawaii Journey Worker Electrician License.
- Minimum qualifications must be met by the effective date of appointment. If qualified applicants are not available, others will be considered as acting instructor.
- Demonstrate a sustained record of effectiveness in teaching at the community college and/or apprenticeship level or higher and specifically related to in Electrical Installation and Maintenance Technology.
- Evidence of strong leadership, communication and written skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload, multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to work with diverse students, faculty and community.
- Understanding of the community college philosophy.
- Human Resources Office
- Honolulu Community College
- 874 Dillingham Blvd
- Honolulu, HI 96817
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.