Work at UH Advertisement
- To begin August 1, 2018. Electronic submission at www.mathjobs.org preferred; however, application and supporting documents may be mailed instead. Applications received by July 25, 2018, will receive full consideration.
- Design, develop, and revise precalculus curriculum
- Oversee training of graduate teaching assistants (TAs)
- Teach Math 140, organize instructional materials for TAs, and monitor Math 140 recitation sections
- Coordinate Math 134, organize instructional materials, manage 134 TAs, mitigate conflicts between TAs and students in Math 134
- Assist in scheduling of TAs, especially for precalculus courses
- Assist with hiring, training, and monitoring learning assistants (LAs)
- Support Associate Chair and Director of Undergraduate Studies with managing agreements between UH Mathematics Department and other departments and institutions
- Collect, review, and assemble data regarding lower level curriculum for departmental reports, highlighting enrollment, problems, and successes of this curriculum
- Communicate with counterparts at other institutions to keep abreast of best practices and innovative measures in lower division mathematics instruction
- Assist in design and development of lower level curriculum
- Review and assess transfer credits for lower level curriculum
- Teach other undergraduate courses in mathematics
- Perform other tasks or duties as assigned
- Masters degree in Mathematics from a college or university of recognized standing with major work in the field of mathematics
- Evidence of ability to teach effectively
- Ability to direct group discussions
- Poise and good address for meeting and conferring with others
- PhD in Mathematics or a closely related field from an accredited institution
- Experience in mentoring and supervising students in classroom settings, especially in diverse/multicultural environments
- Familiarity with strategies for course and program assessment and development
- Ability to attract external funding
- Department of Mathematics
- University of Hawaii
- 2565 McCarthy Mall, Keller 401A
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Ralph Freese; 808-956-7951; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.