Work at UH Advertisement
- To begin August 1, 2018, pending position clearance. Electronic submission of application and supporting documents preferred, however, documents may be mailed instead. Applications received by June 12, 2018 will receive full consideration. Possibility of extension past initial appointment period pending performance and availability of funds.
- Under general supervision, teach assigned undergraduate courses
- Supervise independent study activities of students
- Serve as academic advisor to students
- Provide service to the university and professional community
- Perform other tasks and/or duties as assigned
- Masters degree in Mathematics from a college or university of recognized standing with major work in the field of mathematics
- Evidence of ability to teach effectively
- Ability to direct group discussions
- Poise and good address for meeting and conferring with others
- PhD in mathematics or closely related field
- Department of Mathematics
- University of Hawaii
- 2565 McCarthy Mall, Keller 401A
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Ralph Freese; 808-956-7951; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.