Work at UH Advertisement
- Position to begin approximately January 2019, pending position clearance and/or availability of funds
- 1)The successful candidate is expected to participate in implementation, assessment, and reporting for the BA degree in Public Health;
- 2)plan and teach undergraduate courses in the classroom and by distance modalities;
- 3)develop and sustain connections for BA program development;
- 4)support the undergraduate applied learning experience;
- 5)participate in student recruitment;
- 6)mentor undergraduate students;
- 7)participate in inter-professional education with other units in the UH system;
- 8)conduct and publish research;
- 9)serve on departmental and university committees;
- 10)render service to the professional or lay community as relevant to the individual’s academic specialty;
- 11)and perform other related tasks as assigned.
- 1)Doctoral degree in public health or related field from a college or university of recognized standing.
- 2)Demonstrated teaching effectiveness in undergraduate public health education.
- 3)Willingness to teach using distance modalities.
- 4)Demonstrated ability to mentor undergraduate students.
- 5)Experience supervising teaching assistants and student support.
- 6)Poise and good address for meeting and conferring with others.
- 7)Demonstrated ability to conduct and publish research.
- 1)Demonstrated ability to develop undergraduate classroom, distance, and practice curricula.
- 2)Experience teaching using distance modalities.
- 3)Experience working in multi-cultural settings.
- 4)Demonstrated ability to recruit students.
- 5)Experience recruiting and mentoring students from underrepresented minorities.
- 6)Experience working with Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander students.
- 7)Experience providing innovative teaching techniques to classroom settings.
- 8)Demonstrated ability to work with units and disciplines outside of public health.
- Dr. Denise C. Nelson-Hurwitz; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.