Work at UH Advertisement
- This position is a full-time, general-fund and tenure-track to begin approximately August 2019, pending position clearance and/or availability of funds. Review of applications begins on July 20, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled. The School of Accountancy, Shidler College of Business, University of Hawai‘i at Manoa invites applications to fill one tenure-track position in accounting at all levels, subject to budget. The School of Accountancy is a key component in the Shidler College of Business. Endowment funds support a range of research and teaching objectives, including faculty support for enhanced research outcomes. The position will further enhance the School’s research and teaching objectives. Our teaching need is in accounting information systems, tax and audit. We offer several courses in our undergraduate and graduate programs that have strong information technology, taxation and audit foundation. We expect the importance of these offerings to grow over the coming years. We welcome applications from the candidates who conduct experimental research. Faculty will be in attendance at the 2018 AAA national meeting and at the 2018 AAA PhD Rookie camp.
- To teach undergraduate, graduate, and executive courses in accounting as needed; conduct research and engage in scholarly activities; participate in university, college, departmental, and other service activities.
- Ph.D. or DBA in Accounting or related discipline from a college or university of recognized standing. Candidates near completion of the doctorate will be considered. Potential to develop a high quality and impactful research program coupled with demonstrated ability to teach effectively at the university level.
- Ph.D. or DBA in Accounting or related discipline from a college or university of recognized standing. Evidence of scholarly achievement comparable to peers at major research universities. Minimum of four years of full-time university teaching at the rank of Assistant Professor or equivalent
- Ph.D. or DBA in Accounting or related discipline from a college or university of recognized standing. Evidence of scholarly achievement comparable to peers at major research universities. Research productivity which has resulted in significant recognition by the international community of scholars. Minimum of four years of full-time university teaching at the rank of Associate Professor or equivalent.
- International orientation, Relevant professional experience
- Hamid Pourjalali, School of Accountancy
- 2404 Maile BusAd C-306
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Hamid Pourjalali; 808-956-5578; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.