Work at UH Advertisement
- Part-time, general funds for placement in lecturer pool beginning Fall 2018, subject to availability of funds and actual staffing requirements.
- Under general supervision, conduct classes in subject fields (as listed above) using methods that:
- a) result in student attainment of learning outcomes;
- b) address the learning needs of the college’s diverse students;
- c) integrate thinking and writing skills into course content, as appropriate; and
- d) use multi-media resources, including computers, where appropriate;
- e) maintain a minimum of one office hour per week for each three-credit course taught in a 15-week semester schedule;
- f) student and peer evaluations and self-assessment of teaching effectiveness are required;
- g) classes may be offered in the evenings and on weekends.
- a) Master’s degree in hospitality, travel, or tourism; or
- b) MBA degree plus 2 years of relevant work experience in the hospitality and tourism field of which at least 1 year must include industry work experience; or
- c) Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, travel, or tourism, plus 3 years of relevant work experience in the hospitality and tourism field of which at least 2 years must include industry work experience; or
- d) Bachelor’s degree in any field plus 5 years of relevant work experience in the hospitality and tourism field of which at least 3 years must include industry work experience; or
- e) Associate’s degree in hospitality, travel, or tourism plus 5 years of relevant work experience in the hospitality and tourism field of which at least 3 years must include industry work experience; or
- f) 15 college credits, plus 7 years of relevant work experience in the hospitality and tourism field of which at least 5 years must include industry management or supervisory experience.
- a) Successful community college/university-level teaching or organizational training as substantiated by student and/or peer assessments.
- b) Experience in student outcome assessment, curriculum and lesson plan development.
- c) Evidence of ability to work in a collegial manner with peers, supervisors, and administrators.
- d) Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly.
- e) Proficiency with a variety of industry/business standard computing software as it applies to the hospitality and tourism operations, business/administration, and instructional design and delivery.
- f) Proficiency in hospitality industry systems, e.g. airline reservation systems, and/or hotel property management systems, and/or food and beverage point of sale systems.
- g) Evidence of successfully integrating concepts of sustainability, e.g. environmental protection, economic growth, and indigenous cultural values into educational delivery or organizational operations
- John Richards
- Dean of Hospitality, Business & Legal Education Program
- 4303 Diamond Head Road, ‘Ilima 206
- Honolulu, HI 96816
- John Richards, Dean of Hosp, Business & Legal Ed; 808-734-9518; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.