Work at UH Advertisement
- Private and/or tuition funds, to begin no sooner than April 2018, pending position clearance and availability of funds; annually renewable subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability. Position may be eligible for increase in FTE upon availability of funds. Active privileges at UH Internal Medicine Residency Program (UHIMRP)-affiliated teaching hospitals by date of hire.
- Responsible for teaching General Internal Medicine, inpatient and transitional care to medical students and residents.
- Assist in medical education curriculum development and evaluation for undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate residents.
- Supervise medical students, post graduate residents, fellows and faculty, in the clinical learning environment.
- Provide timely student feedback and evaluations to students, Clerkship and Elective Director and Director of Medical Education.
- Encourage and supervise clinical or translational research.
- May serve as Medical Team Care Attending at Kuakini Medical Center.
- Other scholarly duties as assigned.
- MD/DO degree or equivalent medical degree from a medical or osteopathic school of recognized standing.
- Current eligibility for or certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine or American Board of Specialties or its equivalent, recertification when appropriate.
- Valid Hawaii Medical License.
- Demonstrated ability in teaching and patient care.
- Familiarity with curriculum development and evaluation.
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken.
- Poise and good address for meeting and conferring with others.
- Ability to serve as a role model for students and junior colleagues.
- Evidence of effective research, scholarly activity, or clinical administration.
- Familiar with ACGME and HIPAA policies.
- Same as Assistant plus:
- Evidence of skill in tutoring and delivery of lectures and conference/colloquia, and expertise as a resource person is expected.
- Evidence of research/scholarship productivity.
- Four years in the rank of Assistant Professor. Candidates not applying from the Assistant Professor rank should have seven or more years of post-doctoral experience in a recognized medical school or major medical research/scholarship institution.
- Clear recognition as a scholar/clinical among peers at the regional, and/or national levels.
- Demonstrated experience with curriculum development and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain external and manage external funding.
- Familiarity with Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) and Continuing Medical Education (CME) policies and procedures.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a clinician educator in a clinical learning environment.
- Helen Victor; 808-586-7476; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.