Work at UH Advertisement
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in travel industry management and additional subjects based on programmatic need and the candidate’s areas of specialization to be selected from food and beverage management and other related hospitality management courses.
- Engage in research and scholarly activities leading to publications.
- Provide professional, university, and department service.
- Advise undergraduate and graduate students.
- Supervise graduate student research.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Doctorate from a college or university of recognized standing in a relevant field.
- Evidence of teaching ability at the university level.
- Evidence of ability to publish research in refereed academic journals.
- ABD considered, candidates must submit a letter from their committee chair confirming their expected date of completion.
- Record of funded research or experience in food and beverage management or other areas within the hospitality industry.
- Experience with web-enhanced and/or distance education.
- Susan Kikuchi; 808-956-4889; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.