Work at UH Advertisement
- Full-time, 11-month, tenure track position, to begin August 1, 2018, pending position clearance and availability of funds.
- Direct the Rainbow Warrior Marching Band.
- With the Assistant Director of Bands, and under the supervision of the Director of Bands, administer the entire Athletic Band program, including: show development & design; coordination & oversight of all associated band staff; coordination with UH Athletics; recruiting and outreach activities.
- Conduct the Symphonic Band (spring semester).
- Teach courses in the music education curriculum (e.g., instrumental methods, or marching band techniques) and/or performance ensembles (e.g., jazz ensemble, or percussion ensemble) according to qualifications and expertise.
- Other duties as assigned by department chair.
- Master's degree in music.
- Documented history of success in teaching, conducting, and leadership of marching and concert bands at the collegiate and/or high school level.
- Doctorate in music.
- Documented history of success in drill writing and arranging.
- Success in recruitment and development of a collegiate or high school band program.
- Ability to teach music education courses (e.g., woodwind/brass/percussion methods and marching band techniques).
- Ability to teach applied lessons at an advanced level.
- Marching Band Director Search Committee Chair
- Music Department
- University of Hawaii
- 2411 Dole Street
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Dr. Jeffrey Boeckman; 808-956-2169; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.