Work at UH Advertisement
- Assist in the fiscal management of UHSM through the creation and processing of purchase requisitions and purchase orders via the University financial management system (Kuali Financial System).
- Assist in the maintenance of accounts receivable; utilize judgment in solving problematic situations; make decisions on appropriate action when financial obligations are not met.
- Assist in the maintenance of the individual patient accounts on the practice management component of the electronic health record (EHR) Point and Click.
- Reconcile external program student account balances with internal cashiering system data; make adjustments as appropriate.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of all deposits to patient account records; analyze each account for appropriateness; prepare other reports on cash analysis as requested; correct/adjust patient accounts for errors.
- Gather information and prepare the documentation for the recording of year-end financial statements (patient charges, collections, accounts receivables, and allowance for doubtful accounts).
- Assist in the supervision of cashiering; plan basic work assignments; evaluate & be responsible for making necessary adjustments for system errors, procedures, software development & implementation; & coordinate with IT staff.
- Assist in the areas of budget, accounts, billing, collections, insurance claims management.
- Assist in the oversight, staffing, and affairs of the reception area of the Clinic.
- Assist in the training of UHSM staff in Business Office functions (cash collection, payroll procedures, procurement, and reconciling); reception and patient services; software end user functions; and related activities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in business administration, arts and sciences, education, or related field and 1 year(s) of progressively responsible professional experience with responsibilities for fiscal management and general administration; or equivalent education/training or experience.
- Functional knowledge of principles, practices and techniques in fiscal management and general administration demonstrated by knowledge, understanding and ability to apply concepts, terminology.
- Functional knowledge and understanding of principles, theories, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and systems associated with fiscal management and general administration.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve the full range problems that may commonly occur in the fiscal management and general administration.
- Demonstrated ability to understand oral and written documentation, write reports and procedures, and communicate effectively in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team members and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer and apply word processing software.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
- Knowledge and/or ability to learn medical services billing, including patient/client collections and health insurance billing.
- Knowledge of office management, including accounts management and budgeting.
- Ability to manage sensitive information and files containing confidential student information.
- Experience in prioritizing and handling multiple tasks.
- Experience in medical services billing, including patient/client collections and health insurance billing.
- Additional training or experience in health care support.
- Experience in office management, including accounts management and budgeting.
- Experience with computerized medical management program and electronic medical claim submissions.
- Experience working with diverse professional and clerical staff.
- Experience in college health.
- Experience in installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining computer equipment and local area network environment.
- Experience with the University's financial management system (Kuali Financial System).
- Sandi Wong; 808-956-3572; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.
In accordance with Article 10A of the unit 08 collective bargaining agreement, bargaining unit members receive priority consideration for APT job vacancies. As a result, external or non BU 08 applicants may not be considered for some APT vacancies. BU 08 members with re-employment rights or priority status are responsible for informing the hiring unit of their status.