Work at UH Advertisement
- Compile data to assist with disaggregating student major information
- Monitor, track, and initiate contact with prospective CTE Maui College majors
- Organize meetings with CTE Program Coordinators to identify possible programs entrance requirements
- Ability to supervise student assistants to disaggregate data
- Ability to extract data from STAR and provide written reports and graphs
- Assist with graduation applications for certificate and degrees
- Other duties as assigned
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in Education, Social Work, Psychology, Counseling and Guidance, Human Resources (to include both CTAHR and Personnel) or related field and 0 year(s) of progressively responsible professional experience with responsibilities for N/A; or equivalent education/training or experience.
- Functional knowledge of principles, practices and techniques in post secondary community college admissions demonstrated by knowledge, understanding and ability to apply concepts, terminology.
- Functional knowledge and understanding of principles, theories, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and systems associated with post secondary community college admissions.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve the full range problems that may commonly occur in the post secondary community college admissions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand oral and written documentation, write reports and procedures, and communicate effectively in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team members and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer and apply word processing software.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and present information and ideas clearly and accurately in writing, verbally and by preparation of reports and other materials.
- For supervisory work, demonstrated ability to supervise student assistants and manage employee relations for students.
- Knowledge of principles and practices involved in the post secondary community college admissions.
- Knowledge of the CTE program requirements.
- Knowledge of Carl D. Perkins grant.
- UH Maui College - Human Resources
- 310 Kaahumanu Avenue
- Kahului, HI 96732
- Kulamanu Ishihara; 808-984-3272; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.
In accordance with Article 10A of the unit 08 collective bargaining agreement, bargaining unit members receive priority consideration for APT job vacancies. As a result, external or non BU 08 applicants may not be considered for some APT vacancies. BU 08 members with re-employment rights or priority status are responsible for informing the hiring unit of their status.