Work at UH Advertisement
- Renewal of appointment is dependent upon satisfactory job performance, department needs and availability of funds.
- Provide ITV classroom, technical and production support of University's video-based distance learning programs and videoconferences delivered on various interactive video technologies.
- Assist in the training, supervision and evaluation of student staff during the delivery of distance learning programming and videoconferencing over various interactive video technologies.
- Coordinate with ITV site coordinators at receiving campuses instructional support needs of faculty teaching distance learning courses.
- Assist in the development and delivery of training programs for faculty teaching video-based distance learning courses.
- Assist users both internal and external to the university regarding videoconferencing preparation and presentation techniques.
- Operate all voice, video and data equipment in the control room used in the delivery of programming over various interactive video technologies
- Assist in training of student staff on remote video production equipment
- Assist video production staff on remote video productions.
- Keep abreast of recent trends in instructional technologies applicable to distance education.
- Identify problems with equipment, notify technical support staff, and provide assistance to engineer, master control supervisor and technicians as required
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in communications, educational technology or related field and 1 year(s) of progressively responsible professional experience with responsibilities for multimedia and technology in education such as distance learning; or equivalent education/training or experience.
- Functional knowledge of principles, practices and techniques in video productions demonstrated by knowledge, understanding and ability to apply concepts, terminology.
- Functional knowledge and understanding of principles, theories, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and systems associated with distance learning.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve the full range problems that may commonly occur in the delivery of instruction using technology and video productions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand oral and written documentation, write reports and procedures, and communicate effectively in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team members and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer and apply word processing software.
- Knowledge of the theories, principles and practices of work in providing in video production, videoconferencing, video telecommunications and multimedia development
- Knowledge of current technology and techniques used in electronic instruction, production and broadcast in multimedia presentations and distance learning
- Knowledge of various computer based word processing, design, multimedia software programs and systems
- Knowledge of methods, materials, practices, techniques and equipment used in productions and broadcasts as it relates to multimedia presentations and distance learning
- Ability to understand, analyze, interpret and apply complex oral and written guides, instructions, manuals, standards, rules and regulations to a variety of work situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff and students involved in the provision of multimedia and distance learning support services
- Ability to prepare and maintain comprehensive records and to prepare routine reports.
- Ability to operate and instruct others on the operations of equipment used in multimedia
- Ability to use professional production or broadcast equipment including, but not limited to, cameras, recorders, microphones, editors, video effects generators, character generators, computers and lighting equipment
- Ability to work a variable work schedule. Ability to work outside of normally scheduled work hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as directed.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
- One year of progressively responsible professional experience in providing instructional support services including assisting in electronic instruction and/or directing/producing programming and broadcasts.
- Ability to supervise, direct the work, and training of others.
- 808-956-9098; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.
In accordance with Article 10A of the unit 08 collective bargaining agreement, bargaining unit members receive priority consideration for APT job vacancies. As a result, external or non BU 08 applicants may not be considered for some APT vacancies. BU 08 members with re-employment rights or priority status are responsible for informing the hiring unit of their status.