Work at UH Advertisement
- General and/or Special Funds. Appointment to begin approximately February 2018 or soon thereafter, contingent upon position clearance, department needs and availability of funds.
- Under the direction of the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, plan and manage college operations including creation, implementation, interpretation, and maintenance of day to day functions, policies, practices, and systems.
- Provide administrative support to the associate dean by managing the schedule of classes, classroom reservations, faculty workload forms, catalog edits, course and program proposals and modifications.
- Assist in fielding inquiries by phone, in-person, or electronically regarding requests for information, materials, applications, notices, etc.
- Work with the Office of Graduate Education and Outreach College to provide support services to faculty and students.
- Responsible for all aspects of the associate dean’s office functions including coordinating of events such as the annual College Wide meeting.
- Supervise and train undergraduate student assistants.
- Manage the associate dean’s appointments/calendar.
- Review, assist with, or process fiscal documents such as requisitions, purchase orders, payments, and travel.
- Other duties as assigned
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in Education, Business Administration, Communications, or related field and 2 year(s) of progressively responsible professional experience with responsibilities for academic program and office management; or equivalent education/training or experience.
- Functional knowledge of principles, practices and techniques in academic program and office management demonstrated by knowledge, understanding and ability to apply concepts, terminology.
- Functional knowledge and understanding of principles, theories, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and systems associated with academic program and office management.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve the full range problems that may commonly occur in the management of academic programs and office operations.
- Demonstrated ability to understand oral and written documentation, write reports and procedures, and communicate effectively in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team members and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer and apply word processing software.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
- Experience working in an academic unit in an institution of higher education.
- Familiarity with electronic financial systems such as Kuali Financial System, eTravel, Banner, Star System, SECE, Google Drive, and OwnCloud.
- College of Education, Dean's Office
- University of Hawaii at Manoa
- Attn: Nancy Fujii
- 1776 University Avenue, Everly 128
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Kory Yonemoto; 808-956-4935; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.
In accordance with Article 10A of the unit 08 collective bargaining agreement, bargaining unit members receive priority consideration for APT job vacancies. As a result, external or non BU 08 applicants may not be considered for some APT vacancies. BU 08 members with re-employment rights or priority status are responsible for informing the hiring unit of their status.