Work at UH Advertisement
- Provides strategic leadership, direction and management of the University of Hawai`i Purchasing Card (P-Card) Program systemwide.
- Prepares, develops, implements and administers all policies and procedures necessary for the systemwide P-Card Program to be compliant with industry best practices and other applicable state and federal laws, rules, regulations and University policies and procedures.
- Supervises and oversees the provision of financial, contract, procurement, business analyses and administrative support for the development and implementation of the University P-Card Program.
- Serves as the University liaison and representative of the P-Card program with all internal and external constituency groups, including but not limited to, individual P-Card holders, fiscal personnel, auditors, and University executives and managers.
- Works directly with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure the P-Card program provides a balanced approach to timely supporting the P-Card needs of customers with industry best practices and compliance with applicable federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and other University policies and procedures.
- Develops and ensures University internal control policies, procedures and mechanisms to prevent or detect inappropriate use of non-compliance with University P-Card policies and procedures, including audit-type activities and review and reconciliation of cardholder statements.
- Communicates closely with all internal and external stakeholders and customers regarding updates, amendments, or changes to the P-Card program.
- Ensures positive, responsible, and courteous services is provided to all internal and external customers.
- Develops and conducts regular training of all P-Card holders, fiscal officers and appropriate University executive and managerial employees, faculty, and staff on the P-Card program to ensure compliance and efficiency of P-Card transactions.
- Advises supervisor of the progress of projects assigned, anticipated problems, major policy changes expected affecting specialized area, and completion of projects assigned.
- Resolves operational and administrative matters in accordance with current policies, procedures, and directives as requested.
- For federally funded purchases, checks terms and conditions of the applicable federal contract or grant to determine whether special approvals are required or special conditions must be included in the contract terms and conditions.
- Responsible for coordinating and processing applications, receiving and distributing cards and maintaining records.
- Responds to inquiries from field and central office personnel relating to Purchasing Cards. Serves as liaison between the University and Purchasing Card issuer to resolve cardholder problems and disputes.
- Continuously analyze data and transaction to determine whether processes can be improved or bettered to ensure greater compliance or efficiency of transactions.
- Develop regular reports that accurately and holistically portray the nature and volume of transactions through criteria and metrics that are identified as industry standards and/or relevant and meaningful to executives.
- Other duties as assigned
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in Economics, Business Administration, Public Administration or related and 4 years of progressively responsible professional experience with responsibilities for fiscal and/or procurement related experience; or any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
- Considerable working knowledge of principles, practices and techniques in the area of as demonstrated by the broad knowledge of the full range of pertinent standard and evolving concepts, principles and methodologies.
- Considerable working knowledge and understanding of applicable federal and state laws, rules, regulations and theories and systems associated with work specialty.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve wide ranging complex problems through the use of creative reasoning and logic to accurately determine the cause of the problems and the resolution of the problems in an effective, innovative and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and present information and ideas clearly and accurately in writing, verbally and by preparation of reports and other materials.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team leaders and members, and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer and apply word processing software.
- For supervisory work, demonstrated ability to lead subordinates, manage work priorities and projects, and manage employee relations.
- Brenda Shin; 808-956-8601; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.
In accordance with Article 10A of the unit 08 collective bargaining agreement, bargaining unit members receive priority consideration for APT job vacancies. As a result, external or non BU 08 applicants may not be considered for some APT vacancies. BU 08 members with re-employment rights or priority status are responsible for informing the hiring unit of their status.