Work at UH Advertisement
- The emphasis of this position is on clinical practice and teaching skills, along with management and oversight of the school library media specialization within the UHM Library & Information Science (LIS) Program. Duties include the following:
- Teach graduate courses required for the school library media specialization.
- Work with other LIS faculty to provide high quality online/hybrid learning experiences.
- Administer the field-based school library preparation program face-to-face and/or via a variety of distance delivery modes.
- Advise, mentor, and evaluate school library media students and prospective students.
- Prepare reports and other documents required for the school library media specialization by state and national accrediting bodies.
- Represent the LIS Program via active participation in local professional organizations and community events.
- Meet regularly with counterparts at other universities/statewide agencies to keep abreast of new and innovative measures at other institutions.
- Collaborate with other professional development school takeholders, including colleagues at the university, school level personnel, community leaders and alumni to create and sustain our school library media specialization.
- Participate in LIS accreditation, recruiting, planning and other program development activities.
- Provide service to the university, public and private schools, and professional community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in library and information science or a closely related field from an American Library Association accredited institution.
- Experience conducting post-secondary courses and/or workshops.
- Any combination of education, professional and/or volunteer experience that provides evidence of the ability and initiative to successfully perform the duties of this position.
- Doctoral degree in education, LIS or a closely related field from an accredited institution.
- Experience teaching in K-12 school libraries.
- Experience with program accreditation activities and/or report writing.
- Experience mentoring and supervising students in classroom and field-based settings.
- Experience working with in-service school librarians in professional development or professional learning communities.
- Experience working with diverse/multicultural populations.
- Experience teaching online.
- Dr. Rich Gazan, Search Committee Chair; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.