Work at UH Advertisement
- Responsible for the processing of fiscal and personnel functions of the Departments of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering in accordance with UH, state, federal, RCUH, and other sponsor guidelines.
- Responsible for assisting in the formulation of department budgets, i.e. projecting future expenditures, collective bargaining increases, etc.
- Responsible to assist with a wide range of administrative support services for the Departments of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering.
- Responsible for preparation of fiscal and personnel reports for internal and external inquiries.
- Ensures accuracy and compliance with all applicable UH, state, federal, RCUH, collective bargaining, and other sponsor guidelines policies and procedures
- Serves as the Assistant Fiscal Authority for the Departments of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering with signing authority not to exceed $2,500.
- Responsible for fiscal documents, i.e. requisitions, purchase orders, payment documents, etc. in compliance with UH, state, federal, RCUH, and other sponsor guidelines.
- Responsible for assisting in the decision making process by providing background information, analysis, and recommendations to resolve the situation.
- Responsible for reconciling and tracking general, special, RTRF, ORS accounts to record expenditures and maintain account balances.
- Responsible for assisting with the completing of personnel documents, i.e. employment forms, health benefits, etc. in compliance with UH, state, federal, RCUH, and other sponsor guidelines.
- Responsible for assisting with personnel transactions related to hiring, continuation of employment, and termination of employees.
- Other duties as assigned
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in business administration, finance, or accounting and 2 year(s) of progressively responsible professional experience with responsibilities for fiscal and human resources; or equivalent education/training or experience.
- Functional knowledge of principles, practices and techniques in fiscal and human resources demonstrated by knowledge, understanding and ability to apply concepts, terminology.
- Functional knowledge and understanding of principles, theories, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and systems associated with fiscal and human resources.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve the full range problems that may commonly occur in the fiscal and human resources.
- Demonstrated ability to understand oral and written documentation, write reports and procedures, and communicate effectively in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team members and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer and apply word processing software.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
- Susan Hashimoto; 808-956-2290; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.
In accordance with Article 10A of the unit 08 collective bargaining agreement, bargaining unit members receive priority consideration for APT job vacancies. As a result, external or non BU 08 applicants may not be considered for some APT vacancies. BU 08 members with re-employment rights or priority status are responsible for informing the hiring unit of their status.