Work at UH Advertisement
- Continuous recruitment until needs are met; applications received on or before the first review date of December 28,2017, will be given priority; general funded, tenure track, pending position clearance, position may be converted from 9 to 11 months or 11 to 9 months based on operational needs.
- Under the general supervision, design, deliver, and assess instruction in terms of program’s student learning outcomes. Specific responsibilities of this position include:
- 1) Providing instruction to students in the classroom, clinical laboratory, and clinical setting.
- 2) Providing clinical instruction at long-term care, sub-acute, and/or acute clinical sites.
- 3) Collaborating with health care facilities for learning experiences to fulfill the student learning outcomes of the program.
- 4) Creating a clinical environment which fosters students’ academic growth and guides their professional development.
- 5) Evaluating student competence based on program philosophy and student learning outcomes.
- 6) Preparing student progress reports.
- 7) Assisting in departmental policies and procedures development.
- 8) Developing and/or updating curriculum and course content.
- 9) Preparing course materials for assigned teaching.
- 10) Attending faculty and some college-wide meetings.
- 11) Performing other teaching-related duties that include but not limited to preparing course syllabi, maintaining office hours for academic advising or for conferring with students about course work.
- 12) Participating in ongoing faculty assessment and professional development activities to ensure an active and engaged classroom experience for all students; maintain required certification and license.
- 13) Actively participate in meetings, review and analyze assessment data, compile reports, and meet academic and administrative deadlines.
- 14) Performing other related tasks as assigned.
- Regular workload is Monday through Friday but may include evening and weekend classes, continuing education classes, distance education classes, and teaching at off-campus sites.
- Non-teaching duties include:
- 1) working collegially to provide service to the department and college;
- 2) engaging in public service related to one's professional status and/or expertise; and
- 3) engaging in professional development and professional or scholarly activities related to one's discipline or teaching.
- 1) Master's in Science in Nursing (MSN)
- 2) At least one year of hospital experience in one of the areas of teaching responsibility. Preferably this experience will have been gained within the last 5 years of date of application.
- 3) RN eligible for Hawaii State License. License required by effective date of employment.
- If qualified applicants are not available, others will be considered on an Acting Instructor basis.
- Education or experience in curriculum development, evaluation, or teaching methods; evidence of successful teaching in a college setting; experience in working with diverse, multi-ethnic student population; ability to instruct using multimedia resources and computer literate; no restrictions to conducting clinical in acute care facilities on O'ahu.
- Patricia O'Hagan, Dean of Health Academic Programs
- Kapi‘olani Community College
- 4303 Diamond Head Road, ‘Ilima 206
- Honolulu, HI 96816
- Patricia O'Hagan, Dean of Health Academic Programs; 808-734-9569; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.