Work at UH Advertisement
- Approximate start date is January 2, 2018, renewable pending availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
- Work as part of a team of educators at UH and in partner Language Flagship universities on the day-to-day maintenance of online course management systems and various online applications for language learning as they relate to Tech Center projects.
- Provide assistance with day-to-day operations of The Language Flagship Technology Innovation Center (Tech Center - http://lftic.lll.hawaii.edu/).
- Explore new technologies for language education.
- Assist in maintaining the Tech Center websites, keeping an active Tech Center presence in social media, and organizing faculty development events, face-to-face or online.
- Assist in the creation of technology-based instructional activities for Chinese, Korean, or Russian language.
- Participate in weekly Tech Center staff meetings and keep regular weekly work hours on site.
- Full-time classified graduate student in good academic standing (3.0 GPA or above), as of date of hire.
- Experience with HTML and web design.
- Experience with image, sound and video editing software.
- Working knowledge of social media technologies.
- Working knowledge of online learning technologies and web design.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in evolving projects that may at times be ambiguous or have little structure.
- Experience with WordPress.
- Experience designing instructional materials.
- ACTFL Intermediate or higher level of proficiency in a second language.
- Gretchen Yamaguchi; 808-956-5121; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.