Work at UH Advertisement
- Spring 2018, part-time, for lecturer applicant pool. Non-tenurial, pending availability of funds, and actual staffing requirements. May be for Leeward CC day, evening, or weekend offerings on- and off-campus. This includes the Waianae campus and Early College.
- Teach assigned courses in the discipline.
- Maintain minimum of one office hour per week for each course taught.
- Prepare course syllabus and reports related to teaching and student progress.
- Work under supervision of discipline coordinator/division chairperson in integrating teaching efforts with other instructors in the discipline area.
- May include instructional assignments involving distance education.
- As listed below. All minimum qualifications must be from a regionally accredited institution and met by the effective date of appointment. If qualified applicants are not available, those not meeting the minimum qualifications may be considered on an exception basis.
- AUTOMOTIVE MECHANICS TECHNOLOGY (Job Number: 2017-00102): (a) Bachelor’s in Automotive Engineering or Industrial Education, 3 years of related work experience and ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) certification in areas to be taught; OR (b) Associate Degree in Automotive Mechanics Technology, 5 years of related work experience and ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) certification in areas to be taught; OR (c) 15 college credits in Automotive Technology, 7 years of related experience including training and ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) certification in areas to be taught. Desirable Qualification: G1 certification plus certification in areas to be taught.
- CULINARY ARTS (Job Number: 2017-00103): (a) Bachelor’s in Culinary Arts and 3 years of related work experience which may include professional training; OR (b) Associate Degree in Culinary Arts and 5 years of related work experience which may include professional training; OR (c) 15 college credits in Culinary Arts and 7 years of related work experience which may include professional training; OR (d) Master recognition by Culinary Arts Community and 10 years of related work experience.
- DIGITAL MEDIA (Job Number: 2017-00104): (a) Master’s in Fine Arts in Studio Art with the specialization in new media art or a related area of study (i.e. design, animation, digital art, digital media, multimedia, computer graphics, film, etc.) and 1 year related industry experience; OR (b) Any Master’s degree with coursework in new media art or a related area of study and 3 years related industry experience; OR (c) Any Bachelor’s degree with coursework in new media art or a related area of study and 5 years related industry experience; OR (d) Any Associate’s degree with coursework in new media art or a related area of study and 7 years related industry experience.
- TELEVISION PRODUCTION (Job Number: 2017-00105): (a) Master’s in Television or Film Production or Educational Communications or related field; OR (b) Bachelor’s in Television or Film Production, or Educational Communications, or related field and 3 years of related work experience. Desirable Qualification: Ability to teach editing at a professional level including AVID, Final Cut X, and Adobe Suite.
- Teaching experience at a community college level.
- Demonstrated ability to work with adult learners and communicate clearly.
- Familiarity with competency-based instruction and behavioral objectives.
- Human Resources Office
- Leeward Community College
- 96-045 Ala Ike
- Pearl City, HI 96782
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.