Work at UH Advertisement
- Spring 2018, part-time, for lecturer applicant pool. Non-tenurial, pending availability of funds, and actual staffing requirements. May be for Leeward CC day, evening, or weekend offerings on- and off-campus. This includes the Waianae campus and Early College.
- Teach assigned courses in the discipline.
- Maintain minimum of one office hour per week for each course taught.
- Prepare course syllabus and reports related to teaching and student progress.
- Work under supervision of discipline coordinator/division chairperson in integrating teaching efforts with other instructors in the discipline area.
- May include instructional assignments involving distance education.
- As listed below. All minimum qualifications must be from a regionally accredited institution and met by the effective date of appointment. If qualified applicants are not available, those not meeting the minimum qualifications may be considered on an exception basis.
- HAWAIIAN/PACIFIC STUDIES (Job Number: 2017-00050): (a) Master’s in Hawaiian/Pacific Studies (Focus on Hawaiian and/or Pacific Island areas); OR (b) Bachelor’s in Hawaiian/Pacific Studies and 3 years of related work experience.
- Teaching experience at a community college level.
- Demonstrated ability to work with adult learners and communicate clearly.
- Familiarity with competency-based instruction and behavioral objectives.
- Human Resources Office
- Leeward Community College
- 96-045 Ala Ike
- Pearl City, HI 96782
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.