Work at UH Advertisement
- Appointment to begin approximately August 2018, pending position clearance and availability of funding.
- Teach lower- and upper-level undergraduate courses and graduate courses in biology or marine science; contribute to the development of a data science certificate program, minor and major; assist in the development of a new interdisciplinary data science curriculum; collaborate with Hawaii ‘Ike Wai EPSCoR scientists and develop an independent research focus with a data science application; advise and mentor students; and participate in departmental, community and University-wide service.
- Doctoral-level degree at the time of appointment from an accredited university in biology, marine science, data science, or a closely related field; evidence of data science-related research, such as in genomics/bioinformatics or bio-physical oceanography; evidence of teaching biology or marine science at the university level; and experience mentoring student research.
- Evidence of successful undergraduate teaching in a multicultural setting; evidence of successfully teaching university courses in biology or marine science; experience in developing data science curricula; evidence of engaging undergraduate students in data science research activities; field research experience; demonstrated ability to acquire external research funding.
- Dr. Roberto Pelayo, Search Committee Chair; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.