Work at UH Advertisement
- For placement in lecturer pool beginning Fall 2017 and for future semesters. Positions are part-time, temporary, non-tenure, and contingent upon course offerings, sufficient student enrollment, position clearance, and availability of funds.
- To teach courses in 1) art history, 2) contemporary art and theory, 3) ceramics, 4) digital imaging, 5) drawing and painting, 6) electronic arts, 7) fibers, 8) glass, 9) graphic design, 10) photography, 11) printmaking, or 12) sculpture.
- Other related duties, including preparing course syllabus, grading, maintaining weekly office hours. (studio instructors also contribute to studio maintenance)
- For art history and contemporary art & theory: M.A. in Art History, Visual Studies, or related humanities field and demonstrated knowledge in appropriate area
- For studio art and foundations courses: M.F.A. or professional equivalent, and demonstrated experience in specific media within appropriate area
- For art history and contemporary art & theory:
- publication record
- teaching experience
- ability to integrate theory and practice in teaching
- For Studio areas:
- exhibition and/or publication record;
- teaching experience;
- ability to integrate theory and practice in teaching;
- capable of managing studios and equipment
- Lecturer Pool, Attn: Becky O'Reilly
- Department of Art and Art History
- University of Hawaii at Manoa
- 2535 McCarthy Mall, Room 142
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Becky O'Reilly; 808-956-7979; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.