Work at UH Advertisement
- Position is expected to begin approximately October 2017 or as mutually acceptable. Renewal of appointment is dependent on performance, program needs and/or availability of funds.The position will provide technical support in maintaining the UH Translational Health Science Simulation Center (THSSC), an 8,000-sq ft center that integrates state-of-the-art simulation equipment, electronic patient records and advanced AV systems. To know more about the UHM School of Nursing and Dental Hygiene THSSC, go to: http://thssc.nursing.hawaii.edu/
- Develop technical proficiency with all aspects of the operation, maintenance, support, trouble-shooting and repair of the simulation center’s simulation manikins, IT/AV systems, personal computers and other Simulation equipment.
- a. Provide user training and end user support with hardware, software and networking for all Translational Health Science Simulation Center (THSSC) manikin and simulation equipment.
- b. Set up and maintain the THSSC audio/visual systems for classes, video conferencing and other events which may include evening, weekend and holiday hours.
- c. Document procedures for utilizing all THSSC Audiovisual systems and those simulation equipment requested, within the THSSC.
- d. Provide technical support services to THSSC and staff, including installing, configuring, troubleshooting and upgrading Macintosh and Windows operating systems, video conferencing systems and wired/wireless systems as needed.
- e. Provide technical supp for automated scheduling, electronic health records, distance & telehealth technologies, audio/video capture of simulation sessions, storing/cataloging of data, inventory system & other hardware/software utilized w/in the THSSC.
- Evaluate computer, AV and software equipment for compatibility and applicability.
- Evaluate user needs to develop appropriate technical support.
- Interpret and present information and ideas clearly and accurately in writing, verbally and by preparation of reports and other materials.
- Perform tasks such as report writing & presentation, record maintenance, & audio/video capture using productivity, networking and design software such as the MS Office Suite, Adobe Suite, Final Cut Pro, First-Class Client, Filemaker Pro, among others.
- Maintain and update the THSSC website.
- Assist with installation, maintenance and updating of Windows based server system.
- Assist in the development of and the maintenance of IT computer/equipment database, and recommend upgrades or replacement of hardware and software.
- Assists with IT related matters with IT and AV vendors, consultants and UH Information Technology Services.
- a. Document maintenance of all IT/AV/simulation equipment.
- b. Track and maintain documentation of all simulation equipment warranties, upgrades and related information regarding IT/AV/ simulation equipment.
- c. Responsible for maintaining web repository for this information.
- Assist with integrating technology into simulation education programs.
- Other duties as assigned
- As typically acquired/evidenced by pertinent baccalaureate educational degree and 1 year(s) of progressively responsible professional information technology experience with responsibilities for information technology related support; possession of the following competencies in technical knowledge, critical thinking skills, communication skills and interpersonal skills:
- Functional knowledge of information technology demonstrated by knowledge, understanding and ability to apply principles, concepts, methodology and terminology.
- Functional knowledge and understanding of technology, systems, hardware and software associated with information technology.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve routine problems.
- Demonstrated ability to understand oral and written documentation, write reports and procedures, and communicate effectively in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team members and individuals.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
- Knowledge of technology systems, hardware and software associated with various PC workstations, Local Area Network (LAN) and standard peripheral equipment.
- Able to work outside normal scheduled work hours, including day, night and weekend or holidays as requested.
- Knowledge of web page design.
- Experience in higher education setting with student contact and experience with high fidelity simulation equipment.
- UHM School of Nursing and Dental Hygiene
- Recruitment #79683T
- Attn.: Human Resources Office
- 2528 McCarthy Mall, Webster 428
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Corie O. Fulgencio-Arre, HR Specialist; 808-956-5429; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.
In accordance with Article 10A of the unit 08 collective bargaining agreement, bargaining unit members receive priority consideration for APT job vacancies. As a result, external or non BU 08 applicants may not be considered for some APT vacancies. BU 08 members with re-employment rights or priority status are responsible for informing the hiring unit of their status.