Work at UH Advertisement
- Position is expected to begin approximately October 2017 or as mutually acceptable. Renewal of appointment is dependent on performance, program needs and/or availability of funds.
- Serves as the central administrative & operations support to the Director of the Hawaii State Center for Nursing (Center) in coordinating the day to day operations of the Center.
- Independently performs project administration activities such as manage, coordinate & administer the implementation of the Clinical Placement System (System) at the various sites as well as work on other Center for Nursing projects.
- Coordinates with the vendor to resolve System software issues/concerns expressed from the clinical agencies and educational partners.
- Manages tasks related to the System and Center projects both internally and externally including writing reports, maintaining records, schedules and coordinates meetings with user groups.
- Serves as the Center's primary resource and develops and communicates operational guidelines for the clinical agencies and educational partners to the System.
- Serves as mediator between the clinical agencies and educational partners as needed to resolve operational problems with the System.
- Collaborates with the vendor in the recruitment of new users and support and retention of existing users.
- Plans and coordinates special consultants visits and workshops.
- Designs promotional materials for recruitment purposes and special events.
- Monitors grants and program timetables across the Center.
- Other duties as assigned
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in Business Administration, Health, Education or related field and 3 year(s) of progressively responsible professional experience with responsibilities for planning and coordinating multiple initiatives, projects &/or events; or equivalent education/training or experience.
- Considerable working knowledge of principles, practices and techniques in the health care environment as demonstrated by the broad knowledge of the full range of pertinent standard and evolving concepts, principles and methodologies.
- Considerable working knowledge and understanding of applicable federal and state laws, rules, regulations and theories and systems associated with planning & coordinating multiple initiatives, project and or events.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve wide ranging complex problems through the use of creative reasoning and logic to accurately determine the cause of the problems and the resolution of the problems in an effective, innovative and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and present information and ideas clearly and accurately in writing, verbally and by preparation of reports and other materials.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team leaders and members, and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer and apply word processing software.
- For supervisory work, demonstrated ability to lead subordinates, manage work priorities and projects, and manage employee relations.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
- Works independently and able to travel to various user sites on Oahu & neighbor islands.
- Five (5) years working experience at a managerial level in a health care environment and/or planning coordinating multiple initiates, projects and events.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Health or Education related field.
- UHM School of Nursing and Dental Hygiene
- Recruitment #79314T
- Attn.: Human Resources Office
- 2528 McCarthy Mall, Webster 428
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Corie O. Fulgencio-Arre, HR Specialist; 808-956-5429; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.
In accordance with Article 10A of the unit 08 collective bargaining agreement, bargaining unit members receive priority consideration for APT job vacancies. As a result, external or non BU 08 applicants may not be considered for some APT vacancies. BU 08 members with re-employment rights or priority status are responsible for informing the hiring unit of their status.