Work at UH Advertisement
- To begin approximately late October 2017; possibility of renewal depending on performance and/or funding availability.
- As part of a multi-disciplinary research team, work with other faculty and staff to plan, organize, manage, and perform modeling and technical analysis of power systems, including smart grid systems, and central and distributed energy resources, to develop new technological and operational approaches to accommodate and manage high penetration of renewable energy resources on islanded and interconnected grid systems.
- Support and contribute to the departmental training goals by developing and teaching graduate and undergraduate courses and teaching, directing and mentoring undergraduate and graduate students.
- Support the development of proposals to demonstrate and assess renewable energy and smart-grid technologies.
- Ph.D. from an accredited college or university in engineering, or related field.
- At least 2 years of experience with the analyses of electricity grid-related projects, electrical system modeling utilizing modeling software tools, and development or assessment of technologies or methods applicable to smart grid applications, controls and communications.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and present technical information and ideas clearly and accurately in writing, verbally, and by preparation of reports and other materials.
- Mr. Leon Roose; 808-956-2331; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.