Work at UH Advertisement
- Extramurally funded, temporary, full-time; to begin approximately November 2017 subject to position clearance and availability of funds. Position is annually renewable depending on performance and/or funding availability.
- Reviews and audits all department personnel transactions for accuracy, determining appropriateness in relation to all applicable department policies and procedures.
- Maintains department HR policies and procedures and processes, including recruitment, new hire orientation, terminations and resignations, Non-Compensated Clinical Faculty, department Tenure and Promotion guidelines.
- Works with JABSOM HR to initiate personnel actions for department, including but not limited to new hire, promotion, reappointments, redistribution of funds, and terminations for compensated and non-compensated appointments.
- Manages department personnel files for compensated and non-compensated appointments, including but not limited to faculty, staff, and clinical faculty.
- Ensures all personnel actions are appropriate and submitted in a timely manner to the appropriate departments within JABSOM.
- Assists JABSOM HR in managing all department recruitment functions including: development of PD, posting advertisements for positions, contacting potential candidates, scheduling interviews, creating and distributing interview schedules.
- Works with JABSOM HR to respond to inquiries and provides information to faculty and staff on personnel matters by referencing UH Policies, Collective Bargaining Agreements, and other printed material.
- Serves as the administrator for the Departmental Personnel Committee (DPC) on Promotion and Tenure.
- Assists affected department faculty members in the preparation of promotion/tenure dossiers.
- Works directly with off-island new hires with all relocation issues (i.e. gathering price quotes from various moving companies, finding local realtor/temp housing etc.)
- Anticipates the needs of faculty to coordinate and disseminate information on faculty development workshops, to include but not limited to new faculty orientation, Tenure and Promotion, etc.
- Monitors and analyzes faculty satisfaction and providing feedback/possible options for future use.
- Responsible for ensuring all faculty, staff, students, and fellows attend training.
- Coordinates and resolves faculty liability insurance inquiries, applications, terminations, changes and distributions.
- Initiates clinical credentialing process, including securing hospital privileges and provider enrollment.
- Serves as the department’s primary liaison between JABSOM Administration/ Dean’s office and affiliated institutions and agencies to address issues regarding benefits, appointments, evaluations, and other personnel related issues.
- Manages and develops reports for faculty development, including annual academic reports for presentations and publications on research activities.
- Supports Department Chair with promoting philanthropic investment for the department, including compiling presentation materials, community outreach, etc.
- Supports the Clinical Faculty Committee Chair by organizing, coordinating and scheduling meetings for reviewing new applicants, annual re-appointments, processing terminations and resignations for Non-Compensated appointments.
- Serves as back up for Department Finance Manager for eSF-1 submissions and other related duties.
- Other duties as assigned
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in Education, Business Administration, Human Resources or related discipline and 0 year(s) of progressively responsible professional experience with responsibilities for business administration and/or Human Resources; or equivalent education/training or experience.
- Functional knowledge of principles, practices and techniques in Business Administration and/or Human Resources demonstrated by knowledge, understanding and ability to apply concepts, terminology.
- Functional knowledge and understanding of principles, theories, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and systems associated with Business Administration and/or Human Resources.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve the full range problems that may commonly occur in the Business Administration and/or Human Resources Management.
- Demonstrated ability to understand oral and written documentation, write reports and procedures, and communicate effectively in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team members and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer and apply word processing software.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
- Knowledge and experience in University of Hawai‘i or other post-secondary human resources and application of policies, procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of faculty practice plans.
- Adele Fujita; 808-693-1173; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.
In accordance with Article 10A of the unit 08 collective bargaining agreement, bargaining unit members receive priority consideration for APT job vacancies. As a result, external or non BU 08 applicants may not be considered for some APT vacancies. BU 08 members with re-employment rights or priority status are responsible for informing the hiring unit of their status.