Work at UH Advertisement
- Functions as an assistant to the Director who serves as the chief executive officer of Auxiliary Services.
- Assists the various section managers in the management and daily operations of Campus Mail, Food Services, University Housing, Commuter Services, and Fleet Services. This may include working outside of the normal business hours.
- Assists in the daily operations of Campus Mail Services to provide an efficient campus mail service program, insuring that daily delivery services are provided to the University community and outgoing mail is properly processed.
- Assists in the daily operations of Food Services in satisfying the nutritional needs of the University community by providing choices of products at the lowest possible cost that are high in quality, and with the best possible services.
- Assists in daily operations of University Housing operations that assists new faculty members with obtaining temporary accommodations during their period of adjustment.
- Assists in the daily operations of Commuter Services to provide enforcement of parking regulations; cleanliness and safety of parking facilities; and operating a permit/pass system for faculty, staff, students and other users of University facilities.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of the Special Events parking and traffic arrangements.
- Assists in the daily operations of Fleet Services that includes the long-term and short-term vehicle rental program, and the procurement of vehicles and trucks.
- Assists in the daily operations of the Fleet Services’ vehicle fleet, which includes the assignment, disposition, inventory control, licensing, safety inspections, repairs, and maintenance of the fleet.
- Assists in the overseeing of management contracts for the University Housing, Food Services, and Commuter and Fleet Services programs; the periodic review and evaluation of the contractors to insure compliance with provisions of the contracts.
- Assists in the development of new programs and services for Auxiliary Services units.
- Assists in developing contract specifications for formal bid process.
- Assists in the development of summary reports or reports and analyses in response to self-generated inquiries or inquiries from University executives, administrators, or federal or state agencies, auditors, and/or their staff.
- Work assignments shall be based on a rotation schedule to ensure training in all Auxiliary Services sections.
- May assist with training and supervision of student assistants, temporary employees, and clerical staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in Business Administration, Liberal Studies, or related and 0 year(s) of progressively responsible professional experience with responsibilities for administrative and fiscal support; or equivalent education/training or experience.
- Functional knowledge of principles, practices and techniques in the administration of auxiliary services functions in a college and/or university setting as demonstrated by knowledge, understanding and ability to apply concepts, terminology.
- Functional knowledge and understanding of principles, theories, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and systems associated with contract administration.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve the full range problems that may commonly occur in the administration of auxiliary services functions in a college and/or university setting.
- Demonstrated ability to understand oral and written documentation, write reports and procedures, and communicate effectively in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team members and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer and apply word processing software.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
- Ability to work outside the normal work hours, including evenings, weekends & holidays.
- Ability to travel independently to various locations in a timely manner. Fulfilled by possession of valid State of Hawaii Driver's License (class 3), valid comparable driver's license, or use of other means of transportation which meets position needs
- Able to communicate effectively with the public.
- Working experience in any of the Auxiliary Services operations such as Commuter Services Operations, Fleet Services, Campus Mail Services, University Housing, and/or Food Services.
- Campus Services Human Resources Office; 808-956-7455; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.
In accordance with Article 10A of the unit 08 collective bargaining agreement, bargaining unit members receive priority consideration for APT job vacancies. As a result, external or non BU 08 applicants may not be considered for some APT vacancies. BU 08 members with re-employment rights or priority status are responsible for informing the hiring unit of their status.