Work at UH Advertisement
- To begin approximately November 2017, subject to position clearance and availability of funds. Annually renewable, subject to performance, funding and program need.
- Process & pre audits requisitions, purchase orders, payment documents, travel & inventory management form, etc. for various UH & RCUH accounts for appropriateness, propriety and compliance with applicable guidelines.
- Audits vendor invoices and processes payments to vendors. This involves both input of data and hard copy processing of payment documents, ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable guidelines.
- Gathers data, prepares preliminary analysis and provides recommendations to supervisor in conjunction with preparation of quarterly reports and other reports as required by Central Offices.
- Assists in gathering of data, preparation of budget spreadsheets ensuring accuracy and consistency with budget narrative as related to grant applications.
- Provides assistance in the recruitment process, including review of applications and forwarding to interview committee, ensuring compliance with applicable guidelines.
- Drafts and edits response to vendor inquiries and project staff inquiries.
- Keeps abreast of current and emerging changes and updates in finance, accounting and general administration.
- Coordinates and ensures the timely balancing and closing of accounts based on specific termination dates.
- Assists department and program personnel by advising on proper procurement procedures required for purchase of goods and equipment.
- Assists with college-wide inventory procured on extramural accounts. This includes, but is not limited to disposals, transfers, accounting of decals.
- Maintains and reconciles internal fiscal records with official University accounting system reports and prepares correcting entries/journal vouchers as necessary.
- To provide budget projections and analysis of all types of accounts established in the College of Social Sciences.
- To assist in the creation of new University project accounts via KFS and/or RCUH
- Review procurement transactions up to $2,500 with emphasis on ensuring that all transactions are allowable and allocable and meet the standards of Federal, State of Hawaii, and University of Hawaii policies.
- To provide data entry for the TAPS on-line payment system
- Assists with office management, including supervision and coordination of work for Student Assistants.
- In conjunction with the Fiscal Administrators, work with Faculty PIs and ORS to facilitate the execution of contract, grant, and award processes, applications, and related actions.
- Works with Research Services to provide administrative support to faculty PIs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in business administration or related field and 1 year(s) of progressively responsible professional experience with responsibilities for administering extramural awards; or equivalent education/training or experience.
- Functional knowledge of principles, practices and techniques in business administration demonstrated by knowledge, understanding and ability to apply concepts, terminology.
- Functional knowledge and understanding of principles, theories, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and systems associated with business administration.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve the full range problems that may commonly occur in the business administration.
- Demonstrated ability to understand oral and written documentation, write reports and procedures, and communicate effectively in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team members and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer and apply word processing software.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
- Demonstrated ability to operate spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Familiarity with UH and RCUH Administrative rules and regulations; knowledge of UH and RCUH forms.
- Judith Inazu; 808-956-4584; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.
In accordance with Article 10A of the unit 08 collective bargaining agreement, bargaining unit members receive priority consideration for APT job vacancies. As a result, external or non BU 08 applicants may not be considered for some APT vacancies. BU 08 members with re-employment rights or priority status are responsible for informing the hiring unit of their status.