Work at UH Advertisement
- Develops and implements methods and procedures to administer campus assessment program.
- Evaluates student learning objectives and develops measurement instruments to analyze outcomes.
- Fosters the development of a campus-wide culture of assessment that results in continuous improvement of student learning while meeting accreditation expectations and requirements.
- Provides training and professional development opportunities to cultivate assessment capacity among UHWO faculty and staff.
- This includes: identification and assessment of student learning outcomes and creation of measurements and rubrics for assessment and program evaluation.
- Ensures program assessment activities are designed, implemented, analyzed, and reported in a manner that is useful for curricular and program improvement.
- Handles and maintains all preparations for accreditation inspections and site visits.
- Assists with program-specific accreditation efforts.
- Assists with preparation of state compliance and national accreditation reports.
- Collaborates with campus constituents and partners to collect data and perform data analysis to meet accreditation requirements.
- Maintains electronic archives of curriculum and assessment process artifacts, reports, and other records.
- Participates in campus leadership team meetings, including those involving assessment and institutional research.
- Conducts assessment and research through an inclusive lens, which involves recognizing the talents, worldviews, perspectives, cultures and skills that all bring to the UHWO community.
- Other duties as assigned
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in a relevant field and 3 year(s) of progressively responsible professional experience with responsibilities for conducting assessment, and/or program evaluation in higher education; or equivalent education/training or experience.
- Considerable working knowledge of principles, practices and techniques in the conducting assessment, and/or program evaluation in higher education as demonstrated by the broad knowledge of the full range of pertinent standard and evolving concepts, principles and methodologies.
- Considerable working knowledge and understanding of applicable federal and state laws, rules, regulations and theories and systems associated with conducting assessment, and/or program evaluation in higher education.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve wide ranging complex problems through the use of creative reasoning and logic to accurately determine the cause of the problems and the resolution of the problems in an effective, innovative and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and present information and ideas clearly and accurately in writing, verbally and by preparation of reports and other materials.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team leaders and members, and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer and apply word processing software.
- For supervisory work, demonstrated ability to lead subordinates, manage work priorities and projects, and manage employee relations.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
- Master's Degree or higher, including coursework in program evaluation, statistics, education policy, or a related field.
- Experience conducting assessment and/or program evaluation in higher education, including but not limited to program evaluation/review, rubric design, assessment of student learning, and management of assessment data and records.
- Experience writing and publishing research reports.
- Proficient in software/tools used in learning outcomes assessment/ program evaluation, such as online survey tools, online course management platforms, statistical packages, spreadsheet applications, database management platforms, and presentation tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of student development theory and major trends and issues around college students’ needs, including factors that promote student success, retention, and graduation.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and successfully perform duties independently, as well as using a team approach, in a high-traffic and multi-tasked work environment.
- Experience presenting at national or regional conferences on assessment.
- Experience with higher education accreditation processes and organizations (WASC, ACCJC, CAEP, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal skills, including expertise in writing and oral presentations as well as the ability to cultivate strong working relationships.
- UHWO HR Office; 808-689-2525; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.
In accordance with Article 10A of the unit 08 collective bargaining agreement, bargaining unit members receive priority consideration for APT job vacancies. As a result, external or non BU 08 applicants may not be considered for some APT vacancies. BU 08 members with re-employment rights or priority status are responsible for informing the hiring unit of their status.