Work at UH Advertisement
- Initial appointment shall not exceed 6/30/2018 however, this position is annually renewable dependent upon performance, program needs and availability of funds.
- Initiates and oversees administrative and fiscal paperwork related to Credit Programs fiscal transactions in accordance with applicable University, State, and Federal policies and procedures.
- Oversees processing and collection of employment paperwork for instructors and personnel hired for Credit Programs. Initiates, tracks and ensures execution of appropriate payroll forms according to University guidelines and pay schedules.
- Initiates, tracks, and ensures execution of Memoranda of Agreement and Letters of Understanding between Credit programs and University or external partners according to program standards and requirements.
- Assists with preparation of ad hoc fiscal and registration reporting.
- Assists in the development, management, planning and review of new fiscal processes related to Credit Programs.
- Prepare fiscal reports for Credit Programs and reconcile them with fiscal reports from Business Office
- Verify account numbers on all program related documents.
- Prepare billing memos to send to the Business Office
- Create and maintain all Credit Program partner accounts and administrative/program accounts
- Other duties as assigned
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in Business, Education, or a related field and 1 year(s) of progressively responsible professional experience with responsibilities for business administration or program management; or equivalent education/training or experience.
- Functional knowledge of principles, practices and techniques in fiscal, administrative, and technical support demonstrated by knowledge, understanding and ability to apply concepts, terminology.
- Functional knowledge and understanding of principles, theories, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and systems associated with procurement, personnel, and contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve the full range problems that may commonly occur in the performance of work related to this position.
- Demonstrated ability to understand oral and written documentation, write reports and procedures, and communicate effectively in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team members and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer and apply word processing software.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
- Experience with computer-based technology, such as information systems, databases, and spreadsheets such as Filemaker Pro, Excel MS Word
- Ability to generate statistical reports
- Ability to establish and maintain records
- Knowledge of University of Hawaii at Manoa academic procedures
- Knowledge of continuing education principles and practices and general knowledge of Outreach College
- Experience working in a self-support environment
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with students, faculty, and the public served
- Ditas Christensen; 808-956-2029; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.
In accordance with Article 10A of the unit 08 collective bargaining agreement, bargaining unit members receive priority consideration for APT job vacancies. As a result, external or non BU 08 applicants may not be considered for some APT vacancies. BU 08 members with re-employment rights or priority status are responsible for informing the hiring unit of their status.