Work at UH Advertisement
- University of Hawai'i at Manoa, College of Engineering, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, invites applications for a full-time, general funds, tenure track, faculty position, pending position clearance and availability of funds. To begin approximately January 1, 2018 or as soon thereafter as possible. The University of Hawai‘i is a Carnegie doctoral/research-extensive university with a strong emphasis on research and graduate education. The Department offers B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees, and its undergraduate program is ABET accredited. Current enrollment is approximately 300 undergraduate and 60 graduate students with 16 faculty members. For more information on the department, please visit cee.hawaii.edu.
- To conduct assigned courses or seminars in structural loading, structural steel or concrete design and related civil engineering courses including engineering mechanics and mechanics of materials; to incorporate concepts of sustainability into all courses taught; to develop advanced courses in areas of expertise; to teach via various distance delivery modes as required; to supervise independent study activities and off-campus learning such as practicums and internships; to serve as academic advisor to students; to serve on departmental, college and University committees; to render service to the professional or lay community which is relevant to the individual's academic specialty; to participate in curriculum development activities including the development of curricular materials and special instructional methods; to participate on committees in charge of candidates for advanced degrees; to develop an externally funded research program that leads to publication in leading scholarly journals; and to perform related tasks as assigned.
- An earned Ph.D. (ABD will be considered; degree must be earned before date of hire) in civil engineering or a closely related field, and expertise in an emerging research area related to structural engineering. Such areas may include, but are not limited to: coastal design for storm wave or tsunami loading, design of steel and/or concrete bridges and/or buildings for extreme loading including hurricane, tsunami, earthquake, impact or blast loading.
- Candidates must show ability to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in civil engineering. Candidates must also provide evidence of research productivity and publication of scholarly materials.
- Panos Prevedouros; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.