Work at UH Advertisement
- To begin approximately October 2017, subject to position clearance and availability of funds. Annually renewable, subject to performance, funding and program need.
- Develops and implements educational technology in support of online and distance programs including Manoa Academy online, CSS online degrees, certificates, and micro-credential offerings.
- Plans and executes work plans to facilitate creation of distance delivered courses and multimedia components with an emphasis on outstanding instructional design, and excellent service to faculty clients.
- Provides lead instructional design on assigned projects that support development of courses, including assessment of learning objectives; visual and navigation design.
- Ensures the quality, strength, and robustness of online course delivery system.
- Responsible for ensuring that all accreditation and regulatory requirements for online learning are met.
- Coordinates with other colleges within UHM and with UH distance learning centers on outer islands including Outreach College, Pālamanui Campus, Maui College, and Kauai Comm Coll, Mānoa Academy high schools, and other partner sites.
- Coordinates with academic advisors of ACCESS to assure distance students receive academic advising, degree pathways, student support, and engagement opportunities.
- Participates on the Dean’s leadership team, meets regularly with chairs to develop and revise response plans for initiatives in online education.
- Works with faculty clients on online course development, Laulima, and other platforms that support student engagement and learning.
- Evaluates and implements novel teaching, advising, and outreach techniques.
- Edits content in various formats including text, audio, video, and multimedia depending on clients requests when producing and/or modifying course media content.
- Provides regular reporting on distance learning activities, Mānoa Academy, and other projects.
- Collaborates with the Communications Director and Webmaster to design promotional materials for courses and programs in distance learning.
- Provides updated and student oriented web content on online and distance courses, degree and certificate programs, and training. Updates accurate information on enrollment, course registration, course offerings, and other program information.
- Advances the mission of the Manoa Academy through pre-collegiate programs for students and faculty of Hawai‘i public and private schools.
- Represents the College in both internal and external venues as senior distance learning advisor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Possession of a pertinent baccalaureate educational degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 3 years of progressively responsible professional information technology experience with responsibilities for Instructional Technology and Project Management, of which 2 years of the experience must have been comparable in scope and complexity to the next lower payband in the University of Hawai'i broadband system; or equivalent education/training or experience.
- Considerable working knowledge of Instructional Technology as demonstrated by the broad knowledge and understanding of the full range of pertinent standard and evolving information technology concepts, principles and methodology.
- Considerable working knowledge and understanding of the broad technology, systems, hardware and software associated with Instructional Technology.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize a wide range of intricate problems, use reasoning and logic to determine accurate causes, and apply principles and practices to determine, evaluation, integrate, and implement practical and thorough solutions in an effective and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and present information and ideas clearly and accurately in writing, verbally and by preparation of reports and other materials.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team leaders and members, and individuals.
- For supervisory work, demonstrated ability to lead subordinates, manage work priorities and projects, and manage employee relations.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
- Demonstrated knowledge of educational delivery systems and computer software programs relevant to online instruction and computer programming.
- Strong work ethic with demonstrated collaborative and coordinating skills.
- Master’s degree in Instructional Design and Technology, Education Technology, Computer Programming, Information and Computer Sciences, or related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Demonstrated experience with one or more learning management systems (e.g., Blackboard, Canvas, etc).
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, students, vendors, faculty, and others contacted in the course of work; work within a culturally diverse population.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects independently; communicate information, including technical information, effectively.
- Academic coursework in instructional design.
- Instructional design experience, experience directly related to distance learning or instructional technology.
- Ability to travel independently to various locations, such as Aloha Pathways and Manoa Academy institutions in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of 21st century workforce preparedness needs and requirements.
- Knowledge of emerging trends in 21st century education.
- Cindy Scheopner; 808-956-8999; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.
In accordance with Article 10A of the unit 08 collective bargaining agreement, bargaining unit members receive priority consideration for APT job vacancies. As a result, external or non BU 08 applicants may not be considered for some APT vacancies. BU 08 members with re-employment rights or priority status are responsible for informing the hiring unit of their status.