Work at UH Advertisement
- Provides staff support in the provision of a wide range of human resources management services to the Manoa campus.
- Assists in providing guidance & consultative services in all areas of HR including recruitment & selection, benefits, classification & compensation, performance evaluation, staff development, etc.
- Assists in ensuring compliance with applicable Federal and State laws, university and Manoa campus policies and procedures, and acceptable HR practices.
- Provides support in establishing and maintaining files, records and documents, and monitors appointments and other personnel actions.
- Prepares, reviews, audits and executes appropriate HR documentation ensuring propriety and compliance with applicable collective bargaining provision, university and Manoa policies and procedures, Federal and State laws, etc.
- Reviews position requests; assists with analysis and update of position duties; prepares monthly reports of delegated actions; oversees recruitment efforts; and other HR actions.
- Assist in and takes lead, as directed in reviewing reorganizational and organizational chart updates from a HR classification, supervisory, and position use perspective.
- Serves as team leader for special projects in areas of human resources management. Requires timely and thorough research analyses, extraction of pertinent information and data.
- Assists in the review of Executive action requests (e.g., appointments, reappointments, salary adjustments, etc.) & provides recommendations and suggestions for justification as necessary. Researches info. provided & reviews for consistency, equity, etc.
- Assists in the review, audit, analysis & approval of position classification (establishments, redescriptions, IGAs) and Designated New hire Rate (DNHR) requests, and other Special Compensation Adjustments (SCA) for the Chancellor, UHM.
- Assists with the timely dissemination of info. to campus reps. Drafts correspondences, ensuring goals & objectives are met. Ensures employees are informed of new/revised information as it relates to benefits, classification/compensation, training, etc.
- Keeps abreast of emerging HR legislation, policies, procedures and practices, and evaluates and determines the necessity on implementing campus-wide trainings/info sessions. Ensures that implementation is in alignments with the program.
- Assists w/recruitment staff for Chancellor & respective Vice Chancellors. Assist w/review & prescreening of applicants, & dvlpmt of questions. Communicates w/parties, including supervisors & applicants. Serves on selection committees as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in human resources management, business administration, education or related field and 1 year of progressively responsible professional experience with responsibilities for human resources management; or equivalent education/training or experience.
- Functional knowledge of principles, practices and techniques in human resources management demonstrated by knowledge, understanding and ability to apply concepts, terminology.
- Functional knowledge and understanding of principles, theories, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and systems associated with human resources management.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve the full range problems that may commonly occur in the human resources management.
- Demonstrated ability to understand oral and written documentation, write reports and procedures, and communicate effectively in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team members and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer and apply word processing software.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and sound analyses to a variety of human resources management or related issues.
- Knowledge of implementation of E-Verify and I-9 federal regulations.
- Knowledge of appropriate occupational group/classification, public sector organizational management and position use.
- Knowledge of policies, practices, techniques, rules and regulations governing public sector human resources administration.
- Experience in a post-secondary educational institution which demonstrates knowledge of the conditions of service typical for university/college level employee groups.
- Knowledge of the UH organization structure, applicable policies, procedures and administrative rules, and relevant practices.
- Manoa Human Resources
- University of Hawaii at Manoa
- 2500 Campus Road, Hawai Hall 115
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Tammy Kuniyoshi; 808-956-3028; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.
In accordance with Article 10A of the unit 08 collective bargaining agreement, bargaining unit members receive priority consideration for APT job vacancies. As a result, external or non BU 08 applicants may not be considered for some APT vacancies. BU 08 members with re-employment rights or priority status are responsible for informing the hiring unit of their status.