Work at UH Advertisement
- Provides administrative and fiscal support to the Manager of the Construction Design Management Section (position # 81050)
- Assists with the planning and coordinating of design projects or events related to Project Management by participating in the planning of design And construction projects/events and arrangement of logistical details.
- May need to work beyond normal hours to accommodate the different projects; including evenings and weekends.
- Reviews and ensures accuracy and completeness in spreadsheets, reports, memorandums, contracts, and policies.
- Composes correspondence or notices requiring specific knowledge of project management methods, UH policy and procedures, or other information.
- Asst in all aspects of personnel related issues for the Project/Design Mgmt Sect involving students and staff, including recruitment, hiring, term, leave cards/requests, and timesheet review/approvals while ensuring compliance with UH policy & procedure.
- Initiates, prepares, and reviews fiscal documents, including, but not limited to purchase orders, requisitions, travel requests, and other documents to ensure compliance with UH policies and procedures and the rules and regulations of the University
- Assists the planning, coordination, and implementation of new programs and services including but not limited to operational improvement, staff development, and other program enhancements for the Project/Design Management Section as assigned.
- Assists in the development of summary reports or reports and analyses in response to inquires from University executives, administrators, or federal or state agencies, auditors, and/or their staff.
- Initiates and/or recommends actions necessary to maintain or improve organizational and administrative functioning.
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of FMO’s parking permits. To ensure accommodations for all FMO employees.
- Maintain and update “Procurement Packages”, e.g. IDIQ, D-B-B, Consultant procurement packages, etc.
- Review and verify Change Order Proposals for proper documentation completeness and accuracy.
- Provide and communicates administrative assistance to Project Managers (University and contract hires). Ensure consistency to procedures and compliance to policies.
- Interfaces and communicates with Construction Manager for seamless integration of construction projects.
- Other duties as assigned
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in Business Administration or related field and 3 year(s) of progressively responsible professional experience with responsibilities for Business Administration; or equivalent education/training or experience.
- Functional knowledge of principles, practices and techniques in business administration demonstrated by knowledge, understanding and ability to apply concepts, terminology.
- Functional knowledge and understanding of principles, theories, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and systems associated with business administration.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize problems, identify possible causes and resolve the full range problems that may commonly occur in the business administration.
- Demonstrated ability to understand oral and written documentation, write reports and procedures, and communicate effectively in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team members and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer and apply word processing software.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
- Experience with working with and creating spreadsheets (i.e. Excel).
- Experience with Project Management Software.
- Office of Campus Operations and Facilities
- 2002 East West Road, Room 102
- HONOLULU, HI 96822
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.
In accordance with Article 10A of the unit 08 collective bargaining agreement, bargaining unit members receive priority consideration for APT job vacancies. As a result, external or non BU 08 applicants may not be considered for some APT vacancies. BU 08 members with re-employment rights or priority status are responsible for informing the hiring unit of their status.