Work at UH Advertisement
- This position will be responsible for teaching upper and lower division courses in
- emerging media production technologies, platforms and monetization and entrepreneurship
- through transmedia (e.9. YouTube). ln addition to teaching within their disciplines, all faculty
- members at UHWO are expected to engage and participate in curriculum development,
- provide service to the profession and broader community, teach courses using distance
- methods, participate in program assessment, advise students and supervise senior projects,
- practicum and readings courses, scholarly activity, and participate in faculty governance.
- MFA, PhD, or equivalent terminal degree from an accredited college or university in Media Arts Production with a focus in the production process and techniques, writing for the screen, transmedia storytelling and production and post production techniques, or a closely related field with an emphasis in a field related to Cinematic Arts.
- Demonstrated experience in mobile media production, online distribution, and/or other emerging media technology. Evidence of high quality teaching and potential for conducting relevant scholarly and applied research.
- Ability to effectively communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- ABD candidates will be considered.
- Ability to interact effectively in a multicultural setting; experience teaching and working with highly diverse communities.
- Demonstrated ability to teach distance education courses; experience and understanding of production, distribution, and monetization on YouTube and other online platform.
- Proficiency in industry standard multimedia software not limited to mobile media production, such as Adobe Premiere, Avid, Adobe CC, and openware software and cutting-edge technology
- A dossier that exhibits real-world professional experience in emerging video technology and distribution.
- Potential to develop a national or international profile within the field of transmedia and emerging
- Sharla Hanaoka; 808-689-2392; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.