Work at UH Advertisement
- Lecturers who can teach construction trades and facilities maintenance/engineering courses for the Construction Technology Program for Fall, Spring, and Summer; UH Maui College, part-time, general funds, continuous recruitment for placement on lecturer pool, non-tenure, pending sufficient enrollment, availability of funds and actual staffing requirements. Placement in the pool ensures eligibility only and does not guarantee employment.
- Under general supervision, conduct lecture and as appropriate, laboratory courses in discipline.
- May include instructional assignment involving distance education.
- Maintain at least one office hour per week for each class taught.
- Possible evening, weekend and off-campus assignments.
- Conduct student evaluations and assessment of teaching effectiveness.
- Associate Degree in Building Trades or Industrial Technology and five (5) years related work experience OR fifteen (15) college credits in Building Trades or Industrial Technology and seven (7) years related work experience including training.
- If qualified applicants are not available, those not meeting minimum qualifications may be considered.
- Current or former Electrical, or Plumbing, or other trade Journey worker license; or Renewable energy or general contractor; or Licensed Architect/Civil Engineer and professional work experience and knowledge in two or more of the following trades: air conditioning and refrigeration, carpentry, drafting, masonry, plumbing, electricity, welding, painting, and sustainable technology; teaching experience at the community college or trade apprenticeship level; familiarity with competency-based instruction and behavioral objectives; experience in distance education; demonstrated ability to work with adult learners; demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; demonstrated ability to work with students on an individual/informal basis and to work with people with diverse cultural backgrounds and abilities.
- UH Maui College - Human Resources
- 310 Kaahumanu Avenue
- Kahului, HI 96732
- Cliff Rutherford; 808-984-3246; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.