Work at UH Advertisement
- Conduct research and teach courses in support of an ALA-accredited master’s degree program in Library and Information Science (LIS). Advise graduate students and participate actively in professional organizations at the local, state, national, and international levels. The teaching load is two graduate courses per semester with the option of summer teaching. All faculty are expected to work effectively with diverse constituencies, teach in the core curriculum, teach using face to face, online and hybrid modes, maintain a vigorous research agenda, meet expectations of tenure and promotion, engage in interdisciplinary scholarship, and obtain research funding.
- Earned doctorate in Library and Information Science or a related field
- Master's degree or equivalent
- Commitment to effective teaching
- Poise and good address for meeting and conferring with others
- Exhibit the potential to become a nationally recognized researcher and scholar
- MLIS or equivalent from an ALA-accredited institution
- College or university teaching experience
- Dr. Rich Gazan, Search Committee Chair; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.