Work at UH Advertisement
- To begin approximately February 2018, pending position clearance. Renewal based on performance and availability of funds.
- Under the general supervision of the department chair, administer and implement all operational aspects of the Complementary and Integrative Medicine (CIM) education programs.
- Interpret, develop, implement, review and modify policies and procedures to insure compliance and efficiency.
- Coordinate & implement administrative changes required to execute CIM program & course curriculum modifications. Work closely with the dept Chair & faculty members to coordinate & facilitate the development & implementation of new CIM education programs.
- Collaborate with faculty members in research and developing educational materials for workshops and seminars, such as medical literature review.
- Develop, maintain, and update the online information on CIM curriculum (degrees, certificates, courses, CME) for UHM and community participants.
- Manage, implement, and evaluate administrative activities such as registration planning, registration services, accreditation, student recruitment, program admission, and academic advising.
- Review documentation related to student application and admission, academic progress, and expedite follow up action with participants and other units on campus.
- Monitor electronic records to manage and coordinate registration overrides.
- Monitor, implement and update electronic databases to record and track relevant student information.
- Responsible for communications with current and prospective students by administering and updating the student list servers, program web pages, as well as recruiting students for the CIM credit and non-credit programs.
- Coordinate registration and scheduling endeavors within the department and with other units on campus.
- Develop and coordinate the schedule of classes.
- Manage and coordinate textbook orders.
- Administer departmental student scholarships and awards by identifying appropriate candidates, notifying awardees, and coordinating payments
- Design assessment studies in collaboration with the department chair and program directors, conduct research and analyze resulting data to assess learning outcomes for graduate and undergraduate courses and programs by monitoring key benchmarks.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with other departmental administrative staff and within the UH system necessary to accomplish assigned duties.
- Interpret, develop, implement, review and modify policies and procedures to ensure compliance and efficiency.
- Supervise the efforts of lower level personnel including but not limited to APT's, clerical staff, and student assistants.
- Other duties as assigned
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in health sciences, education, business administration or related field and 3 year(s) of progressively responsible professional experience with responsibilities for academic programs in higher education (admission & records, registration, program review, assessment, advising) or academic personnel; or equivalent education/training or experience.
- Considerable working knowledge of principles, practices and techniques in the higher education (admission & records, registration, program development, review, assessment, advising) as demonstrated by the broad knowledge of the full range of pertinent standard and evolving concepts, principles and methodologies.
- Considerable working knowledge and understanding of applicable federal and state laws, rules, regulations and theories and systems associated with academic programs in higher education (admission & records, registration, program review, assessment, advising) or academic personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve wide ranging complex problems through the use of creative reasoning and logic to accurately determine the cause of the problems and the resolution of the problems in an effective, innovative and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and present information and ideas clearly and accurately in writing, verbally and by preparation of reports and other materials.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team leaders and members, and individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer and apply word processing software.
- For supervisory work, demonstrated ability to lead subordinates, manage work priorities and projects, and manage employee relations.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
- Familiarity with academic procedures and policies at higher educational institutions with undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- Masters' degree (or higher) in science, education, administration, or related field.
- Experience in the educational program development, preparation of reports for the purposes of program accreditation or student assessment in the academic setting.
- Working knowledge of University of Hawaii procedures and/or relevant programs in support of higher education, such as BANNER and STAR (registration and advising), PeopleSoft (hiring) or Kuali (purchasing and procurement).
- Working knowledge of web-based tools (e.g., web page design, social media).
- Familiarity with health science curriculums and medical education.
- John Chen, PhD; 808-692-1814; firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.
In accordance with Article 10A of the unit 08 collective bargaining agreement, bargaining unit members receive priority consideration for APT job vacancies. As a result, external or non BU 08 applicants may not be considered for some APT vacancies. BU 08 members with re-employment rights or priority status are responsible for informing the hiring unit of their status.