Work at UH Advertisement
- For placement in lecturer pool beginning Fall 2017 and for future semesters. Positions are part-time, temporary, non-tenure, and contingent upon course offerings, sufficient student enrollment, position clearance, and availability of funds.
- - Teach undergraduate courses in Communicology such as interpersonal communication, verbal communication, nonverbal communication, message processing, persuasion, intergroup communication, intercultural communication, family communication, deceptive communication, evolution and communication, public speaking, interviewing, group-decision making, leadership, and conflict management
- - Fulfill other related duties, including meeting course requirements as established by the department, preparing syllabus, grading, and maintaining weekly office hours
- - May include instructional assignments involving distance education
- - Master's in Communicology or related field, or equivalent appropriate academic or professional training
- - Some experience conducting research on human communication employing a theory-based quantitative approach
- - Some teaching experience
- - Demonstrated teaching effectiveness
- - Ph.D. in Communicology or related field, or equivalent appropriate academic or professional training
- - Advanced experience conducting research on human communication employing a theory-based quantitative approach
- - Prior college-level teaching experience
- Department of Communicology
- 2560 Campus Road, George Hall 326
- University of Hawaii Manoa
- Honolulu, HI 96822
- Dr. Amy Hubbard; 808-956-8202; email@example.com
The University of Hawaiʻi is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran.
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawaii may be viewed at: http://ope.ed.gov/security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.